Thread: Winter rideable trails

Default Winter rideable trails

I know the glacier kings river and buffalo are all doable in the winter on an atv but I'm pretty burnt out on those trails are there any other local trails that you can ride an atv on all year not too far from the valley that are worth checking out?

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    I know the glacier kings river and buffalo are all doable in the winter on an atv but I'm pretty burnt out on those trails are there any other local trails that you can ride an atv on all year not too far from the valley that are worth checking out?
    Knik River usually gets enough wind to keep it rideable.

Default Nobody else?

Thanks for the tip on knik but that's what I meant by glacier, i ride a lot out there and would like something new. I'm heading to kings on Saturday. I've heard permenentie is to steep in the winter and buffalo mine isn't that fun to me. I've never been to eska so I don't know if that's worth trying this time of year I'm sure boulders too deep and I don't know many other good rides around.

You can ride on a packed snogo trail so there are rides available. In the interest of harmony among motorized users, try not to rut up a snowgo trail. usually if it is to warm or if the trail isn't packed enough you will dig holes for yourself (getting stuck in the process) so be ready to turn around at any point. If the trail is punchy or soft at all - do yourself a favor and don't try it, you will spend much more time stuck than the effort will be worth.
    And BTW, don't fall off the trail either unless you have a few strong friends along to lift your machine back up on the trail.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Thumbs up Help out!

If you use snowmachine trails, HELP OUT and put winter use tags on them!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!