Thread: more "welfare" for moose hunters... 5 star fiscal mismanagement

Default more "welfare" for moose hunters... 5 star fiscal mismanagement

AMF fallacies explained in simple straight-forward language..

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/why-alaska-spending-millions-moose-may-not-survive?page=0,0

t
    his is my favorite paragraph...

"Fish and Game is increasingly tight-lipped about this project. The federation's orphaned moose relocation program is the pet project of Corey Rossi, the new director of wildlife conservation. Most Fish and Game staffers haven't been told what's going on. Rossi has warned his staff not to question the AMF or talk to the press about this project."

These people work for us, and as such they are WASTING our money funding feel-good programs that don't work.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

That last paragraph could describe 75 percent of what the state of Ak does. You could hand wring all day about these kind of programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

my limited experience working for the state disagrees with your assessment jkb. While I will say that I am not terribly impressed with a lot of state projects, I never was told to not talk to the press about a project, or to not question private enterprises doing business with the state.

oh, and I never worked for a department run by a schmuck.

These people work for us, and as such they are WASTING our money funding feel-good programs that don't work.

Anything other than basic services can fall into a feel-good program catagory. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

there's something fishy going on here. I'm trying to track their federal non profit status and where the money has gone.....something isn't adding up.

Alaska Moose Federation's federal exemption status 5013 (c) was revoked on 5-15-2010. They did not do their taxes or report any of their financial information on the form 990. The may have possibly gone three years without reporting. What the heck is going on here?!

How can you get the big State dollars when you don't have your federal status?! I may not be too knowledgeable about this stuff but I know someone who is. Somebody needs to investigate this.

Here is the link to their revocation under the state of Alaska:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=240099,00.html

I
    know people who work for the IRS, and who investigate crooked orgs. How the heck can the state give such massive amounts to an organization with a revoked federal status?! I tell yah what......this state has some completely insane things going on They're required to pay federal taxes on all that money. But by the time the law comes down on em......they will have already made off with MASSIVE fortunes.

You have to be a real dirty and low-down to lose your federal status, check out the regulation manuals and grad school text books!

After reading the laws and regulations as part of my studies, it appears it's against the law to give money in this amount to an org that lost it's federal status.

They just requested an additional $775,000 from the state for next year and it was approved. They are going to get it next year. This is against the law for a state to appropriate funds to a non-profit that doesn't disclose it's financial information and have lost their federal status. Since they're failing to maintain their federal status, if you donated to these people, you can't get it as a tax write-off. Your were ripped off if you think you can write this off on you taxes.

They were granted $67,000 for fuel costs, but they are asking for fuel donations on their website?! Somebody please give me an explanation of these blatant atrocities. Check it out:

If you track the docuement, the director will get a salary of $85,000 for the year coming from state funding. That keeps your salary at that "low budget" and keeps you out of the spot light. who is the office manager who is getting $50,000 a year? I don't understand this state. I apologize if I've somehow misinterpreted the facts. It takes alot of reading and studying to fully grasp this total madness. The issue is too broad for just one person alone to understand it, but I approached these findings as objectively as I could.

http://omb.alaska.gov/ombfiles/12_budget/CapBackup/proj56652.pdf

Thewolfwatching

HM; I called them last fall re a set of ‘very well’ known orphaned moose calves (twins) and I didn’t even get a proper voice mail.. I left my number and location to no avail – never heard a **** thing! I also attended the meet and well.. call it as I always have.. Frickin Joke! $$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/why-alaska-spending-millions-moose-may-not-survive?page=0,0

t

"Fish and Game is increasingly tight-lipped about this project. The federation's orphaned moose relocation program is the pet project of Corey Rossi, the new director of wildlife conservation. Most Fish and Game staffers haven't been told what's going on. Rossi has warned his staff not to question the AMF or talk to the press about this project."

Thewolfwatching

Meant HD - sorry :-) yeah - the quote lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfwatching View Post
    HM; I called them last fall re a set of ‘very well’ known orphaned moose calves (twins) and I didn’t even get a proper voice mail.. I left my number and location to no avail – never heard a **** thing! I also attended the meet and well.. call it as I always have.. Frickin Joke! $$$$$$$$$$$

t

Homerdave, Paul Seaton is on House Resources and of course Mike C. is speaker of the house. Would you write them about this and send the link to Rick's article. This is just crazy and when you have a gropher choker for a Director of Game Division this is what you get.

Question Help . . .

t

Hi Dave,

This is a question, not an argument. I read your post above, read the article, and then read the comments posted on the article. Now I'm not a moose hunter, but I am concerned about management issues. My question is, how, after reading your post, the article, and the comment posted below*, is a person like myself to sort out the contradictions, especially since there are such serious charges and countercharges flying back and forth? Is it even possible? Does all this sort of thing boil down to whoozit's opinion, or are there incontestable facts somewhere available to the general public?

Help . . . J

*"The sad thing is that I know the facts surrounding both the mandala and the moose calf rescue, and these facts are blatantly incorrect. The author knows they are incorrect, so what are the reasons to spread misinformation regarding such a critical effort? The mandala was designed by Craig Fleener, and it is a graphic representation of the value of our wildlife - and it is accurate as far as it goes. Also - the facts show on record that the calf died after being in the care of ADF&G and that the individuals named did not feed the moose at all, and there are witnesses and independent verifications of this fact. After Sinnot took control of the calf it deteriorated rapidly and then was put down - someone had an agenda and they used the calf to help them get there. The management of our game has to change, and one of the best things about this administration is that they realize it. Our moose populations are at the lowest on record, and we can thank the author and his friends for killing them off. Also - this years program was not paid for with millions of state dollars - it was paid for by private donations and completely under the control of the ADF&G. And this time it worked! Moose as a whole are worth millions, and we need to take care of them. Now that the author is no longer in charge - they have a chance! Go moose, go moose federation, and go Alaska!!!!"

I've said more than my piece on the "Moose Federation". Over 2 million dollars in taxpayer money...so far. What a scam.

For the amount of money they've stole from taxpayers, they should be cloning moose and air dropping them all over the road system genetically altered to grow an orange dot on the front shoulders to make it that much easier for lazy suburban "hunters".

I'll help yah Marcus,

Click on the darned links I provided and make an accurate assesment yourself. I provided links to the state funding they are getting that shows the $85,000 a year income for the director and the $67,000 for fuel costs. I provided a link showing that they have a revoked status (IRS link), and if you really want help, check out the state regulations avail. in a PDF and READ IT. Is it that difficult to think this through?? If you do a bit of research, you will find that it was against the law for the State of Alaska to give money to them with their revoked status. It is also against the law (they have two websites) to claim that they are federally recognized and that donations can be written off, when in fact, they aren't. You can only spoon feed someone so much, you'll have to take it from there Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    The mandala was designed by Craig Fleener, and it is a graphic representation of the value of our wildlife - and it is accurate as far as it goes.

..... and I'm a rhodes scholar, as far as that goes...and it dont go far...at all.

Ask yourself, how many moose can the AMF "save" and release each year ... In a best case scenario?
    20? 30?... 50?
    Even if it were 50, where could they be put that would make any difference at all to moose numbers or moose hunting?
    Some years there are lots less moose killed on the road... Does that make the hunting better or the moose population healthier? I would say not SIGNIFICANTLY... And neither is turning loose a handful of yearling moose going to make any difference either.
    If AMF wants to waste butt-loads of money in an incredibly poorly thought out plan that is a predetermined epic fail let them, but the state should stay out of it.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Thewolfwatching

I kept my calf alive on goat milk and habitat but know, because I was informed from Mike that they cant keep them alive on pellet food (alone)for longevity.. As any wild species there is much to learn! Without free-graze and natural habitat I don’t feel this program can or will sustain. Cant keep wild animals in horse corrals and expect them to flourish! Not really that complicated..
    It’s like the argument in re to Lichen… they know what keeps themselves healthy and sustaining – we should take those grants and sustain those efforts instead of investing into high profile, profit-gaining self-interest that, once-again, empowers humanity instead of the resource..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Hi Dave,

This is a question, not an argument. I read your post above, read the article, and then read the comments posted on the article. Now I'm not a moose hunter, but I am concerned about management issues. My question is, how, after reading your post, the article, and the comment posted below*, is a person like myself to sort out the contradictions, especially since there are such serious charges and countercharges flying back and forth? Is it even possible? Does all this sort of thing boil down to whoozit's opinion, or are there incontestable facts somewhere available to the general public?

Help . . . J

*"The sad thing is that I know the facts surrounding both the mandala and the moose calf rescue, and these facts are blatantly incorrect. The author knows they are incorrect, so what are the reasons to spread misinformation regarding such a critical effort? The mandala was designed by Craig Fleener, and it is a graphic representation of the value of our wildlife - and it is accurate as far as it goes. Also - the facts show on record that the calf died after being in the care of ADF&G and that the individuals named did not feed the moose at all, and there are witnesses and independent verifications of this fact. After Sinnot took control of the calf it deteriorated rapidly and then was put down - someone had an agenda and they used the calf to help them get there. The management of our game has to change, and one of the best things about this administration is that they realize it. Our moose populations are at the lowest on record, and we can thank the author and his friends for killing them off. Also - this years program was not paid for with millions of state dollars - it was paid for by private donations and completely under the control of the ADF&G. And this time it worked! Moose as a whole are worth millions, and we need to take care of them. Now that the author is no longer in charge - they have a chance! Go moose, go moose federation, and go Alaska!!!!"

Cant keep wild animals in horse corrals and expect them to flourish!
    How is it that not everyone knows this? Yes, I know that not everyone does, but if floors me. Geesh!

. Cant keep wild animals in horse corrals and expect them to flourish! ..
    How are they keeping the moose out at the reindeer farm? I just drove by there today and noticed a cow and calf in a horse corral munching away on something. I was wondering what they feed them.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com