Thread: Sled Plastic...

Default Sled Plastic...

Can anyone suggest a good place to pick up new/used plastic for a 2005 sled? I just bought a 2005 Skidoo Summit Highmark 1000 X and I need to put new plastic on it. It's definitely still rideable, I just want to replace a few things...

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good place to pick up new/used plastic for a 2005 sled? I just bought a 2005 Skidoo Summit Highmark 1000 X and I need to put new plastic on it. It's definitely still rideable, I just want to replace a few things...
    i'd monitor craigslist and alaskaslist and see if someones partin one out or has some extra plastics for sale or a reverse ad on craigslist n alaskaslist or else take a look on dootalk classifieds http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=33 always see rev parts on there including various plastics, what parts do u need? also u can get a plastic welder and repair them sometimes... i usually go through team cc in wasilla when i need parts here in alaska, there's also several online ski-doo parts dealers that offer stuff usually for around 15-30% off of retail price, alaska snowmobile salvage might be worth hittin up also, being as u got an 05 rev u should be able to find some parts for em, ski-doo has sold the most sleds in the world since 2000 and revs were all over the place so should be able to find somethin used... how's that 1000 runnin? man that's probably one of the worst motors doo ever made, i recall them droppin like flies and eatin crank bearings like they were a subway sandwich, i think 05s were the first year and thus considered the worst as well, anyways hopefully didn't scare ya or anything but good luck with that summit 1000

Cranks on the first pull! Only 1,800 miles on it, though. Might get a little different after I log some time with it. For what I paid, it's worth it Even if I have to rebuild it, I'll still be ok.

As for the parts. Hood, bumper, and both panels. Like I said, it isn't even really that messed up, it's just that I would rather fix it. I should probably put the money into performance, but I don't like an eyesore, no matter how small.

is it all busted up or what?

Quote Originally Posted by preed View Post
    is it all busted up or what?
    The cracks on the side panels aren't rerally that bad and they're fixed up with zip ties. The hood and bumper could use a little work, and I'd really rather just replace them. Nothing wrong with the frame and it was serviced after his friend hit the stump. We pulled it all apart when I went to look at it yesterday and it's still in good shape under the hood, just needs some new plastic. Like I said, though, it doesn't make it unrideable, just something I'd wanna fix.

Try Alaska Snowmobile Salvage in Anchorage 349-8594.

Called earlier today, they don't have anything...

post an ad up on C/L and if that doesn't get you anywhere the next best bet will probably be ebay motors. A search for rev side panel there turns up quite a few results.

Yeah, I've got an ad on Craigslist. My only issue is I have no idea what will and won't fit and since 99% of these parts are sold "as is" I don't wanna buy something that won't fit.

i'm pretty sure anything from a rev will work, i think all the plastics are interchangeable from 2003-2007 rev sleds, i'm not 100 percent sure of that but pretty dang sure just missed out on a rev being parted out in the ak forum on dootalk, but if u troll their classifieds over there u will find something for sure, there's always rev parts available they were very very popular

Try ebay.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I have. I'd really like to find something local. It's not gonna be cheap to ship so I'm gonna give it a week or so looking local and then check online...

No no no no no no!!!!!! The side panels do NOT interchange from a rev to your RT chassis. The hoods are the same and if memory serves the front bumpers are too. A quick check on part numbers would verify/void the bumper crossover. What color are the assorted plastics you looking for? Also curious what length track?

yep ur right i forgot that 1000 was a diff chassis

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    No no no no no no!!!!!! The side panels do NOT interchange from a rev to your RT chassis. The hoods are the same and if memory serves the front bumpers are too. A quick check on part numbers would verify/void the bumper crossover. What color are the assorted plastics you looking for? Also curious what length track?
    They are blue/yellow. The lady at CC in Wasilla told me that they aren't even making the blue/yellow plastic anymore and that I'd have to use black. I'm ok with that, I wanted to strip it all off and paint it flat black, anyways.

It's a 162" track. You'll see in a few days!

I have some red REV plastics that I want to sell. I have the red REV hood, console and under seat part. Red is hard to find, for these parts, but the side panels are easier to find. I found these used in the lower 48 and had them sent up. Cost me over $100 just for shipping. Bought them for my wife. After I layed them on my wifes sled, she didn't like them and I never installed them.

Need to get $200 for them, to try to recoupe some of the money I invested. Let me know if you are interested. Email me at: akbillybow@mailcan.com if you are interested. I will probably post them on craig's list next week.

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

REV parts don't fit, as earlier stated.

you know you could buy a plastic welder for 200 dollars. It works very well for most plastics. I have welded my skidoo multiple times. The only part the welds do not work well on is the hood, the shiny plastic. It doesn't take much skill to weld plastic, just a little garage time.

Try Verba's Hilltop in Soldotna. 262-5020 I know they've parted these out, I've bought parts for my 06 from them. Plastic from a Mach Z of that vintage should fit as well (RT chasis) I'm sure they can help you out.