Thread: Draw Supplement

Default Draw Supplement

Is it just me/ my computer, or does the PDF freeze up every time you try to look at page 3 or scroll from page 2 to 3? I seem to be able to view the rest, but if I stop to view this page, it crashes my Adobe. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Several people, including myself, had that problem last year. Although I could not open it in adobe (tried multiple versions), I was able to open it utilzing a third party viewer called PDF-XChange PDF Viewer. Since adobe pdf is an open source document format, there are now a great many tools that will render PDFs and many third party viewers. I suspect that the State did not generate the document using Adobe and it is not the "cleanest" format. A third party tool may work for you but I do not recommend or endorse any software.

I did not experience problems this year, but I also only used it briefly.

Enjoy.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Default Sometimes Microsoft IS the answer

I've found that Microsoft Internet Explorer will open many of F&G's online docs that other browsers cannot. As anathema as it is for me to do, I'd suggest this solution before you give up and go to paper versions.

Internet Explorer does not open PDF documents without Adobe Reader (or other reader) installed and the appropriate add-in enabled.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I didn't have any problems...other than it took about 2 minutes to download. What you might try is to save it to your computer rather than trying to open it. It should save to your computer within a few minutes (depending on your connection) and then you can open it no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    I didn't have any problems...other than it took about 2 minutes to download. What you might try is to save it to your computer rather than trying to open it. It should save to your computer within a few minutes (depending on your connection) and then you can open it no problem.
    I just downloaded PDFXchange to view it. No problems at all now. I'm actually glad this gave me a little grief to open, because I love this other program. Goodbye Adobe.

No issues Win 7 and Adobe Reader 9.

I'm having the same problems. Downloaded on my Macbook. It freezes so much I'm going to have to get the hard copy.

Quote Originally Posted by AKluvr95 View Post
    No issues Win 7 and Adobe Reader 9.
    Same here no issues.

I had no issues with it using Google Chrome.

I have a question though, if I get the supplement book at the local store, does it include maps of all the hunts? The online one one includes maps for a couple different hunts.

Thanks

Default different browsers CAN make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Internet Explorer does not open PDF documents without Adobe Reader (or other reader) installed and the appropriate add-in enabled.
    Of course.

But the dependability of whether F&G pdf's open, or hang, actually CAN differ depending on which browser you use (yes, despite the fact that it calls up the Adobe reader).

Browsers are free guys. If one hangs, try another. You've got firefox, MSIE, Google Chrome, Opera, and others to choose from. All free; but when you install a different one, don't make it your default browser, and you'll see zero downside in your attempted solution to the pdf-hang issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Of course.

But the dependability of whether F&G pdf's open, or hang, actually CAN differ depending on which browser you use (yes, despite the fact that it calls up the Adobe reader).

Browsers are free guys. If one hangs, try another. You've got firefox, MSIE, Google Chrome, Opera, and others to choose from. All free; but when you install a different one, don't make it your default browser, and you'll see zero downside in your attempted solution to the pdf-hang issue.
    Thank you for the education. Christ sakes, I don't know why they pay me.
    There are so many things technically wrong with your statements that I'm moving on.

iusckeeper, Glad you got it working, in spite of my bad advice, ignorance and stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post

I have a question though, if I get the supplement book at the local store, does it include maps of all the hunts? The online one one includes maps for a couple different hunts.

Thanks
    No, the paper supplement only has the same maps listed in the online one. For other hunt maps, go to http://hunt.alaska.gov You should be able to find all the hunt maps there.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    There are so many things technically wrong with your statements that I'm moving on.
    There's a decent wind for flying a kite. Everyone would probably be better off.