Thread: Marlin model 94 serial number 534

Default Marlin model 94 serial number 534

Picked up a gun in trade the serial number is 534 thats it. Model 94 stamped behind hammer its a 44-40 octagon barrel. There is a star behind the model 94 as well. If any of you know what I have please chime in and I may be interested in selling or trading it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    Picked up a gun in trade the serial number is 534 thats it. Model 94 stamped behind hammer its a 44-40 octagon barrel. There is a star behind the model 94 as well. If any of you know what I have please chime in and I may be interested in selling or trading it. Thanks
    Pics? Condition? Is it stamped Model 94 or 1894?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Pics? Condition? Is it stamped Model 94 or 1894?
    says model 94 not 1894 would say 85-90% blueing is in great shape. the bluing on the reciever is a little different colored than the rest of the bluing

Well Iím no Marlin expert but something doesnít add up. That serial number would make it an 1800 gun but before 1905 or so it would have been model stamped 1894 not 94. My suspicion is (going with only facts at hand without seeing the gun) it was part of a special run numbered 1 to 1000 or something made sometime after 1905. If it doesnít look like a commemorative the gun could have been built on a receiver from a damaged commemorative/limited edition.

Very hard to say what you have without seeing it or at least some pictures of it. I bet if you go sit it on the counter at Wild West in front of Ken you will soon know what you have.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona