Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda EU2000i won't start! Need Help!!!

Default Honda EU2000i won't start! Need Help!!!

Well, I'm stumped on this one. I have only got about 3 months of heavy use on this unit and it has performed flawlessly, starting on the first pull every time. I have performed regular maintenance. It has not been used for the last two months. Now, nothing...No firing, no spark, nothing??? Enough oil, gas, switch on...

Thoughts?

One thing to check is the wire connectors in the kill circuit. They are inside the cowling right behind the on/off switch on the side.

It's a continuity loop so if a wire gets disconnected it wont start.

You have bad connection some were. Check all the wire.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I would add a little oil to it anyway just to make sure. My 1000 did the same thing and though it looked full of oil when I added a little bit it cleared the low oil level kill switch and ran like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by tustumena_lake View Post
    I would add a little oil to it anyway just to make sure. My 1000 did the same thing and though it looked full of oil when I added a little bit it cleared the low oil level kill switch and ran like a champ.
    Tried this...no duck!

water in the fuel?
    Semper Fi!

Mine has given me trouble when starting after sitting for a few months. I pulled and pulled and pulled. Nothing. I drained a little fuel from the carb bowl and removed the plug to inject a small shot of starting fluid. Bingo. Started right up and ran great. One other time it started hard was corrected by cleaning the plug, which I ultimately changed. Maybe those thing help you, maybe not. Worth a try.

from what I've heard, these things are great until they die, but once they do, there's no coming back. The repair costs will exceed the initial cost of the generator. They're not easily serviceable.

Call Jeremiah at Alaska Pacific Rentals in Palmer.

most problems are with dirty fuel/ water in the fuel/ stale fuel. Was the carb drained after last use?..Probably the most important thing you can do (our fuel up here is crap... and getting worse with E10 - E15) and honda has made it easy to do with the screw on the carb bowl.

another thing to check, is make sure the vent on the fuel cap is in the ON position.

send it back to japan, im sure they will fix it for you.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    send it back to japan, im sure they will fix it for you.
    Thank You for your wonderfully insightful thoughts! Your words have been such a great help to me! My goodness, you have saved my day with this information! And with any luck, many others who read this post! I certainly hope you allow me the opportunity to buy you a beer one day!

Now, please follow up with a generator made in America that weighs less than 50 pounds and runs for 8 hours on one gallon of gasoline. I promise you, and the rest of the world, I will go out today and purchase it if such a thing exists and it is within my budget.

And for the rest of my story; this is the third of the three Honda generators I have run. The other two have well over 3,000 hours each on them, have never missed a beat and still going strong. I am sure this is just a minor hiccup and it will be running well again. What have I used them for...everything from charging batteries at the cabin to running pumps to running power equipment to running to running audio equipment to building houses and cabins in the bush.

I can assure you I spend the extra money to buy American if I can. I also try to buy the best there is. If you were to walk on my property or in my house, you will find VERY FEW things that are made "with chopsticks". And if you, as an American, would like me to buy an American made generator that will perform as well or better than the Japanese model I run, then I suggest you get your American ass off the couch and build one. That way, you will be proud of me for buying American and I will be proud of you for doing something more productive than wasting hard working Americans' time by having to respond to your ignorant comments.

Thank you for the comments on the fuel, etc. I did notice there were a few air bubbles in the fuel line, but I tapped them out. Vent open. I really don't think it is a fuel issue, unless there is a sensor of some sort associated with it????? I will go through the circuitry.
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    from what I've heard, these things are great until they die, but once they do, there's no coming back. The repair costs will exceed the initial cost of the generator. They're not easily serviceable.
    I've only had this one for less than a year so, the way I read the warranty, I should be good on parts and labor. I really think this is a simply wiring issue or sensor somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    water in the fuel?
    I drained and replaced with fresh...haven't taken bowl off of carb yet. Will do, but again, no spark is the issue...

If you have a ohm meter, I would test the on-off switch and see if it’s open or closed when the switch is in the “on” position.
    Once you have determined the circuit needs a open or short to run, check the rest of the circuit.

I also wonder why someone would mention water in the gas when in you’re first post said you had no spark.

Because some of us are responding from experience. My 2000 spark is very difficult to see. I also haven't had an issue where no spark turned out to be the issue even though I had investigated it. Bad spark, yes. No spark? No. Different issues. In my case I offered some comments based on what I did to overcome exactly what the OP describes. No guesswork involved. Just facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Because some of us are responding from experience. My 2000 spark is very difficult to see. I also haven't had an issue where no spark turned out to be the issue even though I had investigated it. Bad spark, yes. No spark? No. Different issues. In my case I offered some comments based on what I did to overcome exactly what the OP describes. No guesswork involved. Just facts.
    Will try the carb drain and refuel tonight. What kind of plug are you running in your unit? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BucknRut View Post
    Thank You for your wonderfully insightful thoughts! Your words have been such a great help to me! My goodness, you have saved my day with this information! And with any luck, many others who read this post! I certainly hope you allow me the opportunity to buy you a beer one day!

Now, please follow up with a generator made in America that weighs less than 50 pounds and runs for 8 hours on one gallon of gasoline. I promise you, and the rest of the world, I will go out today and purchase it if such a thing exists and it is within my budget.

And for the rest of my story; this is the third of the three Honda generators I have run. The other two have well over 3,000 hours each on them, have never missed a beat and still going strong. I am sure this is just a minor hiccup and it will be running well again. What have I used them for...everything from charging batteries at the cabin to running pumps to running power equipment to running to running audio equipment to building houses and cabins in the bush.

I can assure you I spend the extra money to buy American if I can. I also try to buy the best there is. If you were to walk on my property or in my house, you will find VERY FEW things that are made "with chopsticks". And if you, as an American, would like me to buy an American made generator that will perform as well or better than the Japanese model I run, then I suggest you get your American ass off the couch and build one. That way, you will be proud of me for buying American and I will be proud of you for doing something more productive than wasting hard working Americans' time by having to respond to your ignorant comments.

I should buy you a beer for the reply..........LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast