Thread: 8mm Mauser or 7.62 x 54R ? Also any .450 Bushmaster shooters?

Default 8mm Mauser or 7.62 x 54R ? Also any .450 Bushmaster shooters?

Which ones have you guys had the best luck with? Ammo is pretty cheap for both of the rounds.

It seem the .450 Bushmaster is really stating to come alive in the AR platform. Any luck with them?

What do you mean by "luck"? Vastly more projectile availability and variety for reloading 8mm.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    What do you mean by "luck"? Vastly more projectile availability and variety for reloading 8mm.
    Reliable rifle, accurate, effective range for hunting? Good for deer, bear, wolf,bou?

thanks

Stranger hunts all-of-the-above and more with a Finnish m39 so he is the expert on things 7.62x54. He is a head-shot man using Czech mild-steel cored bullets cuz they are cheap, accurate and haul the mail, so any discussion on bullet performance are moot.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

My uncle has shot 8mm Mauser for 35 years. Never had an animal get back up from the first shot. I have shot with the 7.62x54R. Same as the 8mm, nothing gets back up. Think of the two like you would a 30-06. Both can be loaded to fairly close specs as the 06'.

Ron