Thread: Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake, Any Thoughts?

Default Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake, Any Thoughts?

I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake. I have an Evinrude Etec and so I am limited to those who are authorized to service these motors. After reading the great reviews of the dealer here in town, I am considering driving my motor up there in the spring for a service. I have already sent them an email and they seem enthusiastic and gave me a ball park price which I thought was reasonable.
    Any thoughts or past experiences would be appreciated. Keeping with the forum rules, however, just PM me if you feel like the experience wouldn't fall under the parameters to be on the forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake. I have an Evinrude Etec and so I am limited to those who are authorized to service these motors. After reading the great reviews of the dealer here in town, I am considering driving my motor up there in the spring for a service. I have already sent them an email and they seem enthusiastic and gave me a ball park price which I thought was reasonable.
    Any thoughts or past experiences would be appreciated. Keeping with the forum rules, however, just PM me if you feel like the experience wouldn't fall under the parameters to be on the forum. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I've used them before. They did good work, seemed a little pricier than other shops, but not terribly. Biggest issue I had with them was there schedule. Took several weeks to get the boat in.

I've used them since 2000 to put in a new engine (stern drive boat) and outdrive and to do engine work that I am not able to do. Never had a problem with their work and they've always been friendly and accomodating. I think that with any reputable (or even not) mechanic, it can be hard to get the work done as soon as you'd like. Especially given the short boating season.

I've had them rebuild my Alpha outdrive on my ocean boat and it worked great.
    They also did all the warranty work on my Evinrude jet when I whacked a large rock and sheared it off.
    I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    I've had them rebuild my Alpha outdrive on my ocean boat and it worked great.
    They also did all the warranty work on my Evinrude jet when I whacked a large rock and sheared it off.
    I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
    BK
    The current owners are the 3rd owners that I am aware of since 2003 when I bought my blue water boat from them. Now with that said many of staff has changed but many left to do different or better things, leaving behind competent staff. As for the current staff they are all very nice and the work lately has been top notch. I know there was some growing pains along the way but recent personal visits things seem to be well.