Thread: Anyone around the Central / Circle hot springs area?

Default Anyone around the Central / Circle hot springs area?

I was thinking of purchasing some lots near the Circle Hot Springs.

Does anyone from this forum live there or previously lived there?

My wife and I have a lot of questions about the area, but it is hard to find any solid information online,
    other than the normal (city-data) type of sites.

Thanks, spruceGoose

I would for sure go up and check it out pretty good for yourself. The lady that runs the store has been there for most of forever and can fill you in with a lot of info.

Thanks for the reply starmac. I have read the store is closed. Don't know how accurate my information is though.
    To any ex or current locals, a few questions i have are...

How well do any crops grow in the short season there? And what crops do most grow?

How deep are the water tables on avg.?

Is it loud there in the summer? I have read there are 70+ gold claims in the area being mined in season.

How many year round residents are there?

Are there alot less tourists now that the springs are closed and most buisness are closed in the area?

And many more, but thats top of my head.

Thanks to any and everyone with some info

That sounds more like central than circle, as there are a lot more mining claims there than at circle.
    The store was closed, but has sold and opened back up. It is not a very big store, but a store,bar and eating joint combined.
    They do make a good hamburger,and are friendly there, that is about all I can tell you.
    As far as what you can grow there, I don't have a clue, but I don't think their growing season will be very long.
    If the store at circle has closed it will suprise me, the lady that owns it did say that the last few years they have wintered outside. I was under the impression that they had someone else run it while they were gone.

Thanks again for the reply starmac. I meant the store in Central was closed from what I've heard. Circle is 30 miles up the road. Was thinking more for information on the Central / Circle Hot spring location.

I've read what crops people are growing in the interior , but since Central is miles north and tucked between 2 mountain ranges I thought perhaps the crops were different than somewhere like Fairbanks.

Hard to find information on the area since such few live there. And even less frequent this forum.

The specific location of the lots we are looking at are 5 - 6 miles down the Circle hot springs road from Central. 2 miles give or take from the springs.

We really appreciate your input though starmac. Keep the info coming

spruceGoose, Send me a e-mail I might have someone that you could talk with but they would not be on the forum. Thanks