Thread: Newbie bow.

Default Newbie bow.

Looking to get my frist bow. I would like to just spend the money on a good one. Instead of getting good then realize I need a better one. So tell which one I should bye. I want to shoot a carboui and moose.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

well that is kind of a tough question, you can make it as expensive or cheap as you want i would make sure you like the sport before you spend big money. you really need to shoot them, don't just buy what someone else uses because it may not feel good for you. there is a big difference in the draw feel between a solo cam and a dual cam. i personally shoot a mathews z7 extreme, and i went with that because it felt smooth to me compared to the dual cams i shot. with that said i have roughly $2000 into my bow. you can get much more expensive and you can get much cheaper too, so go to a local shop and see what feels good for you.

Mike i would suggest going over to Full Curl Arhcery they carry Bowtech, Hoyt, Strouthers, Mathews, Elite and consignments you can shoot as many models as possible

Quote Originally Posted by akchase View Post
    Mike i would suggest going over to Full Curl Arhcery they carry Bowtech, Hoyt, Strouthers, Mathews, Elite and consignments you can shoot as many models as possible
    Can't agree more, go see the staff at Full Curl and get fitted for the right draw legnth, shoot several different bows til you find one that suits you. They sell everything but PSE I think. They also do lessons which if this is your first bow I would highly recommend you get started off on the right foot so you don't have to spend years correcting bad habits. I would say $2000 for a full hunting set up is fairly accurate. bow+rest+sight+quiver+release+arrows+points+broadh eads+case.

I am partial to Elite for a couple reasons, most important is that their bows fit me very well, like the draw cycle, smooth and accurate. I can't seem to shoot a hoyt without shoulder pain and torquing the bow because of the riser but others shoot them great with no problems. Also Elite has THE BEST warranty and customer service in the industry. They have the only full transferable warranty and hunt guarantee.

Spend some time on archerytalk.com and elitearchery.com reading the forums but remember everybody has a personal preference so the best advice is try to the different bows and find one that suits you.

Steve

Thanks guys. Yes it's been something I've wanted to get into for awhile. I will looking into full curl.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..