Thread: big lake

Default big lake

just to throw this out there, took the boat out to big lake today, looking for pike/char/and bows.
    Only found bows, they are a real pretty color, had the best luck on tube jiggs, funny stuff let me tell you. So with that being said does any one know about the pike out there?

I keep a shanty on big lake all winter long fish it a couple days a week during the day for trout and char and night for burbot. First put the shanty on the lake in 2002 and I have never caught a pike or seen one caught. Have heard from many people that they know someone or somebody told them they caught a pike in there but have not had one first hand account of it or seen a photo of a pike with big lake in the back ground.

Fish cops will tell you they got some in a sample netting years ago by the flat island before burnt point if your coming from the polaris shop but they never know who did the netting.

I've heard first hand of some serious fish (pike) taken near the outlet in to Fish creek. Also, the North end of the lake where Meadow creek comes in is rumored to hold some.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

We caught some pike in the weedy area on the north end by where you are referring. Saw a couple really big ones in there, but couldn't get them to hit it. It was super windy and weedy so fishing was really tough. They are in there for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by rdrash View Post
    I keep a shanty on big lake all winter long fish it a couple days a week during the day for trout and char and night for burbot. First put the shanty on the lake in 2002 and I have never caught a pike or seen one caught. Have heard from many people that they know someone or somebody told them they caught a pike in there but have not had one first hand account of it or seen a photo of a pike with big lake in the back ground.

Fish cops will tell you they got some in a sample netting years ago by the flat island before burnt point if your coming from the polaris shop but they never know who did the netting.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

hmmm ok thanks for the reply's, I guess I will try again in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I've heard first hand of some serious fish (pike) taken near the outlet in to Fish creek. Also, the North end of the lake where Meadow creek comes in is rumored to hold some.
    Here's one from last December a buddy sent me. We were fishing the other side and they had just stopped in to say hello so I know it's authentic. I think they were by fish creek. So they are definitely there. Third one I have seen personally out of Big Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk