Thread: Advice on Moose

Default Advice on Moose

I will be a Non-resident until Dec 1 of 2012 but im looking for a Moose hunt fairly close to Eielson AFB near Fairbanks. is there a specific hunt anyone would advise, or would most suggest the general season for a certain area. Any help much appreciated. Also as of right now im a rifle only hunter but would like to broaden my abilities to muzzleloader as well by hunting season next year

If you have your IBEP theres a moose hunt on base ...... I used to ride my ATV right from the garage in base housing and into the field....

Really? which hunt is it? what are the restrictions? ie(50inches or 4 brow tines, spike fork, or any bull) thanks kahahawwai

There's an any bull general season rifle hunt right out your back door too.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Would i need to be a resident for that hunt? i wont be able to become a resident until December 2012. thank you

I think a good place for you to start is reading the hunting regulations and looking over a Alaska gazeteer, it will give you good understanding of GMU's, residency requirements, terrain and accessibility. Here is a link to ADFG regulations : http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ingregulations .

Quote Originally Posted by shmobag View Post
    Would i need to be a resident for that hunt? i wont be able to become a resident until December 2012. thank you
    No, you don't need to be a resident. It's Sept 5-20.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

thank you for the info