Thread: Twenty Mile 10-30-11

Default Twenty Mile 10-30-11

Went out on Saturday morning and only jumped one teal. None of the ponds were frozen (they might be now.) It was 27F in Anchorage and 37F down south. Saw a about 7 or so swans flying over and two large (20-30) flocks of geese. Not many ducks. I decided to drive a little further south and walk the edge of the river. I got lucky and jumped a group of 4 mallards. Plugged 2 and got a click on the last trigger pull. I think some of my shells have gotten pretty wet while hiking around in deep water. If I hadn't gotten the first two I would have been upset, but I was satisfied.
    I think most of the ponds will be frozen up by next weekend. I'll be head up north to try hiking the rivers.

[QUOTE=wingshooter12g;1031192]Went out on Saturday morning and only jumped one teal. None of the ponds were frozen (they might be now.) It was 27F in Anchorage and 37F down south. Saw a about 7 or so swans flying over and two large (20-30) flocks of geese. Not many ducks. I decided to drive a little further south and walk the edge of the river. I got lucky and jumped a group of 4 mallards. Plugged 2 and got a click on the last trigger pull. I think some of my shells have gotten pretty wet while hiking around in deep water. If I hadn't gotten the first two I would have been upset, but I was satisfied.
    I think most of the ponds will be frozen up by next weekend. I'll be head up north to try hiking the rivers.[/QUOTE]

FYI-Was up North this weekend fishing and the Big Sue as well as some of the other streams were starting to freeze over.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Did you see any/many ducks? What were you fishing for on the Big Sue?