Thread: reward for stolen blind

Default reward for stolen blind

fellow hunters
    my floating blind in china poot bay has been borrowed.i would appreciate either finding out where it is located or any info pertaining to its demise. this is a nice floater i put a lot of time and effort into and would like it back. its not something you could just run off with, or tow to homer.treated timbers on styrofoam billets. plywood sides, 1 door. 2 anchors. sound familiar? please contact me, a cash reward is waiting.
    buck. 234-7498

Is it legal to anchor out a blind and leave unattended? Or do you need a boat registration, anchor light at night, etc. Just curious, as it may be that some gov enforcement arm has removed it.

I'm also wondering that if you leave something like that in a public area, did you leave your name and contact number on it so finder can contact you. None the less, I don't believe somebody should have helped themself to it, however I would have no problem with somebody using it when you were not there, even if you were there but they got to it first. After all, public property. Is that a good place to hunt, I never heard of it. Bud
    Wasilla

Sorry Buck. I hope you find it. Is it possible it broke free and floated? Don't plan to be in the area but maybe Waldo can help. Anyway Good Luck and hope you get it back. Ain't like someone else will be able to just move it and then use it. I bet it turnes up.........maybe in Sadie Cove??? Duckdon

Banned

Since it is a navigatable waterway, is it public property? I could see some of the loons that live in the area doing something to it as some are anti-hunting. That lady has gotten a lot of press being against the sea-duck hunting for years down there and knows precious little about the ducks or hunting. I don't see how it is much different than an anchored boat with the same laws pertaining to it, in fact you could anchor a boat to hunt sea ducks from.

my first thought was the state parks took it, but i talked to them and they said they didnt know anything about it. the blind was stored behind a small island in a cove where it only floats on a very big tide. it had 2 anchors out and was tied to trees. it was in a very remote spot and hidden fairly well. just because something is anchored on state waters doesnt make it public property. if i anchored my boat there, do you think anyone could come along and take it because its on state property? people have used my blinds for years and i dont mind. but taking my blind and anchors and dragging it off?

Sorry to hear about your blind Buck, One of my most memorable hunts was in that blind. I really hope you get it back, and who ever took it suffers from a horrible rash, a boat motor that keeps breaking down, and his engine seizes on his way to work therefore causing him to get fired.

Tom
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Banned

Sounds like occupy Wall street duck blind loons to me.

I am going to guess it was not a hunter the took the blind. Someone with another motive. I will throw in another $25 for the return. I have hunted with Buck and it just ain't right to steal a man's blind. Use it is one thing. Steal it is another, Guess I just hate a thief. Duckdon

Sorry for the misfortune Buck. My buddy and I had a pretty decent hunt out of that blind with you last year. He still talks about the way the goldeneyes just threw all caution to the wind and came into the decoys. Hopefully, its like Tom says, and karma will catch up to the thief.

the cockroach that stole your blind is probaby some libtard that felt he had as much right to it as it's rightful owner. It doesn't matter what the deal they didn't even have the right to occupy it, they had as much right as you would have to pop a squat in their boat
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I will be willing to kick in another $25 towards the reward for you getting it back.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

buck, I think China Poot might be within the Homer Nuclear-Free Zone. Wasn't a nuclear powered duck blind was it??

If it is as substantial as you say, I can't imagine someone would tow it to open water and let it drift. But maybe one of the local eco-warrior wannabees picked a stormy day with a big southeast wind and towed it out and cut her loose. If so, it could be about anywhere.

Hope it turns up in one piece for you. If it does or you repalce it, it might be worth game camera to keep an eye on it if possible.

thanks don. looks like you are doing well on the divers etc.keep at 'er

Banned

I hope a whale eats the warrior!

Still no word on the missing duck blind??? Got to be somewhere.

havent been able to get back there to do a thorough ground search up at tree line.

Bummer to hear. I've seen it there in the past, but haven't been over there in a long time. Work has me in Cordova or I'd be searching for it. I think it's worthy of a Lynwood beerverage if found. Good luck. Hope up find it.