Thread: My son's book

Default My son's book

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, or if everyone thinks it is ethical, and I'm sure the mods will let me know.

My son and I did a DIY hunt last September (2010). The story and pictures were posted on this forum when we returned.

He kept a daily journal, and put those notes down in a book format. He just completed it and had it published. Can't tell you how proud I am as his father.

The final product can veiwed and accessed from the following site: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperbac...rackingContext

Knute

Dave, that is really great that Matt took the time and effort to get the words down and tell the story. Please offer my congrats to him.

Thanks, Mark. He also compiled about a 35 minute video of the whole trip. As his book states, this was a life changing adventure for both of us. We both dream of the day that we can return, and we will return to Alaska!

The book is not a mass printing, so it is a little pricey, as he only had about 25 copies printed for family and friends. Additional copies will be printed as per order is received.

Knute

I checked out the link and read the preview pages. Sounds like a good read especially since the preview leaves you hanging. Good work

Dave
    Sounds great ! When can I come and see the vido?
    Doug Wilson

Knute - it would seem to me that its is a great way to truly express that the "entire experience" is what a hunt should be about - well done...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Doug,
    I'll try to come down to Emporia sometime soon, and drop by your shop with the DVD. I'm sure there is a link on a website somewhere, but I'll have ask Matthew where to look. If you get up my way, come by the store.

Smokey,
    You're exactly right. On an adventure like we took, harvesting an animal was only icing on the cake. It did not define whether the hunt was a success or not.

Knute

Here is the link to the clip on the internet. It isn't the full video, but the best parts of the hunt

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50305246645302

prps to your son for putting forth the effort to document another great adventure in this amazing state

Nice book and video.......I just missed you guys in Tok.......I may have hunted in that exact location some years back.

The Forty Mile Herd is doing well and there will probably be a slight increase in allowable harvest next year. Mostly due to wolf control efforts but there are still two many bears. I saw 8 grizzly in moose season.

The video was fantastic. Congrat to you both and thanks for sharing.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Congratulations to both of you and thanks for sharing.
    I appreciated the comment at the end of your video clip - "Pass it on".
    A fine trip. A fine memory. A fine tradition.
    Thanks again.