Thread: Reloader 15 and the 375 H&H

Default Reloader 15 and the 375 H&H

Have any of you used Reloader 15 for 375 H&H with a 300 grain bullet?

The Alliant powder guide just shows one charge weight which is 70 grains of powder. The velocity is recorded at 2485 fps. I presume this is a middle of the road load and you could work up from there without any pressure problems.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Hello--I have found Reloder 15 to be the best all-around powder in both of the .375 H & H rifles I have loaded for--one with a 24" barrel, and the other with a 20" barrel.

Before I go any further, I would caution you that the Alliant Guide shows maximum loads, and they suggest reducing by 10% and then working up from there. I would also be aware that they only show the load for one bullet, and other bullets may (and will) perform quite differently from the Speer shown, even including other Speer bullets.

I have done load development for the .375 H & H using Reloder 15 with Sierra, Speer, Hornady, Barnes, and Nosler 300 grain bullets, and found it to be my go-to powder for the .375, with accuracy being the primary objective, and maximum safe velocity being the secondary.

Best Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsunfun View Post
    Hello--I have found Reloder 15 to be the best all-around powder in both of the .375 H & H rifles I have loaded for--one with a 24" barrel, and the other with a 20" barrel.
    Agreed. I've settled on that powder long ago with great results with the H&H case. Also used it with the 375 Ruger. I was mostly using 260gr Accubonds and 270gr TSX bullets in my rifles though.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsunfun View Post
    I have done load development for the .375 H & H using Reloder 15 with Sierra, Speer, Hornady, Barnes, and Nosler 300 grain bullets, and found it to be my go-to powder for the .375, with accuracy being the primary objective, and maximum safe velocity being the secondary.
    Accuracy is always the primary objective to me too. Getting a few more feet per second is a distant second. A local friend of mine says he is loading 71 grains of Reloader 15 in his rifle with 300 grain Barnes. If the load listed by Alliant is the maximum I should work up to what he is using even though we have the exact same rifle.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

300 grain tsx and 71.o grains r 15

Barnes Data shows 71.5 grains of RL-15 for a 300 Gr TSX. That's what I shoot and it shoots clover leafs.