Thread: could you survive katmai?

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Default could you survive katmai?

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?ca...080&WTz_l=Home

Most of the photos I've seen of Katmai consist of people packing a picnic from the campground to the bear viewing bridge. I think they got it wrong on this one, but I may be wrong (I don't really play video games.)

I spend 60+ days a year out there.

What do I win?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    I spend 60+ days a year out there.

What do I win?
    Asked and answered, Hippie!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Hippe, I've seen your trip reports. They look just like the game description
    Put your survival skills to the ultimate test in the heart of the hostile Alaskan Wilderness. Cabela’s Survival: Shadows of Katmai puts you face-to-face with the unforgiving forces of nature. You’re injured, isolated and stranded with no hope of rescue. Forced to scavenge for gear and hunt for food, you’ll confront some of the world’s most dangerous predators – and they’re just as hungry as you are. Do you have the courage and skills to be the last one standing? Travel through breathtaking mountains and thick, contiguous forests in search of shelter. Hunt for game, but be aware that you are being hunted as well. Battle the frigid elements, relying on primal instincts to find safety and make it out alive. Challenge up to three friends in co-op, hot-seat and head-to-head multiplayer shooting galleries

Quote Originally Posted by scott_rn View Post
    Hippe, I've seen your trip reports. They look just like the game description
    It sure keeps the air taxi bill down knowing only half the party will need a flight OUT.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by scott_rn View Post
    ....and thick, contiguous forests....
    "contiguous" is a pretty fancy word to be tossing around for consumption by gamers.....I bet they learned from the guys in the shipping department.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist