Thread: Dermicide Beetles

Default Dermicide Beetles

I saw a post a while back about someone that had a colony and was offering to clean up some skulls just to feed his bugs. I have a lynx skull that I'd like to have cleaned up somewhat so I can finish it myself. Anyone remember who that may have been or know anyone that has beetles now?

Kodak Bugs and Bones.

I don't think Ken is the person who was looking for skulls just to feed his colony. He just finished my bison skull a little over a week ago, and he still has quite a few black bear skulls to clean. In fact, he's got a good bit of work to do, which isn't a big surprise given the great work he does. Very happy with how nicely my bison turned out, and if I'm successful with my upcoming BB hunt, he'll get a BB skull to do.

p.s. The name of his business is actually Kodiak Bugs and Bones. Don't want the "Kodak" to steer anyone the wrong direction.

Thanks for the info. I already looked at his website. I guess I'll boil it myself.

May have been my thread about my hungry beetles (spelled dermestid, for searching)
    Was similar to what you are asking about

Another forum guy responded after a while to that thread and I gave the colony away.

I would recommend calling up Ken from "Bugs and Bones" as he can send you a little colony to start your own for about $35

Its pretty fun, and does High Quality skull work, much better than boiling if you ask taxidermists (they'll all say Dont Boil !!)

If you search out my past threads you'll find a full detail thread on the deal
    worth looking for

Im on my phone now, and dont think I can copy paste the link for ya
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Dangit. That's why I couldn't search it. I was spelling it wrong. Thanks. Found lots of info now......

Hope you get to try it, especially if you have any younguns around, they'll get a big kick out of the bugs,...

It's a little messy, smell-wise anyway, maybe no worse than blowing out or picking off the muck after boiling

Once they get started tho, Effortless and Amazing, then when you are done with your skulls, not too hard tp keep around with a hot dog now and then,

or as I did, with thousands of beetles after several months and a bunch of interesting skulls (maybe the most interesting, was a tiny snoshoe hare skull for the oldest son)

Was fairly easy to "give them up for adoption," (heh heh)
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !