Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DM 334 whos in

Default DM 334 whos in

I have been tempted over the last two yrs putting in for this tag well back in 09 I did but was dranw for another tag. Afterwards I did some research along with some help from fellow forums members was glad I didn't. But I really would like to get back there and hunt it. But that is a hunt you need other people to go in with you, with my best bud coming up with a lame excuse getting deployed (I'm kidding about lame excuse) I'm real heistant to put in for it. The other forum member that knows this area real well works out in the villages during this hunt and probably wouldn't be around. I do have another option as far as getting back into the unit that does not involve the 19 mile trail from hell. I have other buds that would probably go but would probably get discouraged and want to turn around.

I've thought about it...especially since I've got access to a 6x6 on tracks. From what I know of the trail from hell, it seems like tracks would be the way to go. But...I don't think I'm going to go that route this year.

Quite being a little girl and put in for it.

Yeah the problem guys say they are going then at the last minute they start dropping like flies then you are left by yourself trying to come up with a new game plan.

Another forum member and I had that tag two years ago. We definitely wish we would have that 6x6 on tracks that Brian is talking about.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    Another forum member and I had that tag two years ago. We definitely wish we would have that 6x6 on tracks that Brian is talking about.
    323 I would go in a heartbeat if my situation was any different. But for now I must persevere and play the hand I've been dealt. I don't know what 19 mile hell trail you talk about. The one I used to frequent was 30 plus. You got lucky this year going solo where you did, but it is wise to leave this one for when you have company. I would be applying for this hunt every year if I were there.
    Last edited by Brian M; 10-30-2011 at 00:58.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post

323 I would go in a heartbeat if my situation was any different. But for now I must persevere and play the hand I've been dealt. I don't know what 19 mile hell trail you talk about. The one I used to frequent was 30 plus. You got lucky this year going solo where you did, but it is wise to leave this one for when you have company. I would be applying for this hunt every year if I were there.
    I agree Mod I was extremely lucky I will just wait until 2013 when Bronco gets back... I fully understand your situation as well...But one day we all can go hunt it and have one hell of a hunt!
    Last edited by Brian M; 10-30-2011 at 00:59.

Depending on how things go with the draw and other hunting committments .... I might have the opening weekend available for such an adventure. I don't know anything about the area ... but if the trail is as nasty as you claim (but with tracks ok) ... then sounds like fun.

Please bump the thread if you get the tag or decide on the hunt via a regular harvest ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    my best bud coming up with a lame excuse getting deployed (I'm kidding about lame excuse).
    Pinko commie b***ard! You'll probably be too busy at Occupy Wall Street to go hunt that tag.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Pinko commie b***ard! You'll probably be too busy at Occupy Wall Street to go hunt that tag.
    Pinko commie *******....

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    I am lost what is that comment all about?

I guess I'm a commie I like pink and I don't like wall street.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I guess I'm a commie I like pink and I don't like wall street.
    That explains why you are always shopping in the womens section of camo clothing!

Yeah that's why... Figured me out... Just like you buying women low rise jeans for yourself...

I'm not interested in hunting it, but if you want a fellow 2010 Ranger 6x6 to go along on a scouting trip between June and August I might be up for that. Keep in mind I probably don't qualify to roll with you because I have managed to put 1500 miles on my Ranger and have not broken anything.

I just picked up a bad ass Rhino last weekend, You think it would make it in their? Im always up for challenges.. as long as it dont cost me thousands in parts and recovery costs.. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    Keep in mind I probably don't qualify to roll with you because I have managed to put 1500 miles on my Ranger and have not broken anything.
    You obviously know 323 or know of his and his exploits with a certain Polaris Ranger 6x6!

You guys have fun and take plenty of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    You obviously know 323 or know of his and his exploits with a certain Polaris Ranger 6x6!

You guys have fun and take plenty of pics.
    I only know what I've read here on AOD and it makes his request for a support rig a bit sketchy since it appears he really on needs people to go along to drive him out for parts!

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    I only know what I've read here on AOD and it makes his request for a support rig a bit sketchy since it appears he really on needs people to go along to drive him out for parts!
    Normally he sweet talks his wife into picking up parts and bringing them to him but the last trip was an exception.

How does one lose the gas cap on day one of a hunting trip only 12 miles in?

1500 miles driving your yard wow you must Get dizzy lol... I think I have the biggest lemon, hell the shift linkage cable broke the other day.. It's one thing after another but I will have all the bugs worked out eventually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast