Thread: Juneau Hunting

Smile Juneau Hunting

I am going out hunting here in Juneau. I was wondering were people were getting results on juneau. I also heard that the deer are already down. Just some good tips for deer would be great. I am also wanting to tag a black bear. I have been down to kowee creek several times and nothing. Just wanting the same info for the yogi's to. Thank you.

There is a blackie hanging out at Mendenhall Falls trail and at the ferry terminal.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Some deer may have moved down, but a bulk of them are still going to be at snow line. Start hiking early and work the timber right at the snow line. One advantage to the snow is you'll at least know if the deer have been through recently. Down low in the muskegs a track could be a week old or a day old and still look the same. Calling is largely ineffective on most of Douglas, although as the rut starts winding up you may be able to trick a dumb one. Good luck out there.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Really... Did you get a look at the size? Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    There is a blackie hanging out at Mendenhall Falls trail and at the ferry terminal.
    Can't really hunt either of those areas. Have to be 1/4 mile inland of the highway. That puts you up on the Auke Mountain hillside. Can't hunt on the water side of the road until you are quite a bit further out the road. Can't hunt within 1/4 mile of Mendenhall Lake or within 1/4 mile of most established trails (CBJ ordinance) READ YOUR REGS!

If you want to deer hunt off the road system on Douglas I can give you a few pointers. Shoot me a PM. Would be handy to know how long you've live in Juneau, how much you've hunted deer before, and how good you are at navigating in the rainforest.