Thread: Fox Pro Scorpion

Default Fox Pro Scorpion

I have a new Fox Pro Scorpion caller to play with. Is there anything that I need to do to it to make it alaska proof (weather proof)? Should I buy a external speaker for it or will it do ok like it is? Also I need to figure out how to add more calls to it. Thanks for any info.

im not sure about the scorpion i have the cs 24 and from talking with another member i had freeze proof wires put on and double batteries. went out with it for the first time this evening and called in a cross fox but didnt get a shot on him.

I have an older Scorpion that was problem free, so I can't really tell you that there's much you need to do to Alaskanize it. The only thing I can recommend would be to make sure you have a good set (and backup) set of batteries. Also, I put some JB Weld dots on my remote so I can feel the buttons with my gloves on without needing to look at the remote. If the new Scorpion is like the older model, changing sounds was as easy as plugging in the USB cable and then adding or removing the sounds you want. Just put the three digit number in front of the sound and that will be the sound number that plays.

Ditto what Snow said. I have a 3 year old Scorpion that gets a lot of use. Zero problems and volume is fine. Good luck.

I put a lanyard on mine so I can hang it from a branch. I also bought an auxiliary PA horn from Radio Shack to boost the sound when hunting in open areas. The only draw back I had with the extra speaker is the plastic coated speaker wire cracked in the cold. Ditto on the extra batteries. Keep them inside your jacket so they are warm.
    PC gag in place.

Good call on the lanyard AK Sportsman, I forgot that I put one of those on mine. Here's an older photo of a smaller external speaker velcroed on to my Scorpion. Quick and easy to pop off and put in the pocket if it's really cold.

snowcamoman

Where did you get your small speaker? I already have a strap mounted to my call for mounting/hanging. I want to get a few more sounds added to my caller before I head out. I sure hope to get something this year with the new caller and the AR I'm building now or atleast have the chance to.

I got it from FoxPro quite a few years ago. I don't see it on their website, but you might be able to call them and see if you could order one. It's the same type of speaker that they used to use in their 416 "flashlight" type callers. If they don't have them anymore, I have a pretty small speaker that would work for you as well, shoot me a PM if you want.