Thread: winter meat

Default winter meat

well i was able to fill my drawing permit on sat. with this little spike fork, should be good eating. mathews z7 extreme 70lb. 430grn. arrow it was a 40yd shot and he made it 50yd before he tipped over.
    011.jpg

Grats!! Good eats!

Nice work.

Morgan
    -Soldotna

Nice Job! Nice to not have to go far.

yea you guys dont know how easy this one was by far my easiest moose hunt i shot him near my work so i was able to utilize a loader.
    006.jpg

Congrats! Gotta love it when you can utilize the big tools to carve up your moose. Which permit did you have?

it was dm783 any moose within a half mile of the rich from flood control to banner creek, i was surprised how long it took me to find one i patterned a cow so i knew i could get one anytime but wanted a bull and almost got about a 45" i could have killed him twice if i was rifle hunting but he was pretty spooky and non responcive to calling, anyway i was headed to work and stopped to check a spot and saw a pair of ears moving so i grabbed the bow and went to take a look and had 5 moose stand up when i hit about the 40yd. mark 2 little bull's,a cow and two calves so i opted to go ahead and fill my tag with a little bull.

Very nice. I put in for that permit as my first choice last year, but didn't draw squat. Way to get it done!

Congrats on your moose! Good eating right there, for sure.

btw, is that you in your profile pictures? If so, it looks like you lost a bunch of weight! Planning a sheep hunt?

yep thats me, i lost 150lbs in 9 months, i started jan 9 2011 and i was 345lbs and im about 192lbs now and planning on a sheep hunt next year, i want to get one with my rifle so the first one is knocked out and then my goal is to take a dall with a bow.

That is awesome. Congrats on that. You got a sheep partner lined up already?

yea a good buddy of mine has agreed to go but he is also having a couple vertabre fused in jan. the doc says he will be good to go by spring bear, so heres hoping , we are going to try for a drawing if we dont draw will prob head for the brooks. man you got some nice bear in your album, thats another thing i need to do one of these years is a spring grizz i gota get me a bigger black for a rug this year though so maybe next year.

great job!
    PM sent.

GOOD job on animal and getting in shape, I also put in for that hunt and was skunked this year, good luck for your future hunts

thanks wiso, it was kind of a wierd year normally i gota try not to hit a moose between here and delta and as soon as i get a tag you cant find one to save your life. i wish i woulda got that bigger moose but i got this guy all butchered and he is tasty.