Thread: Taurus revolver lockup

Default Taurus revolver lockup

My girlfreind and brother both own Taurus revolvers. Hers is a Taurus Tracker in .41 mag, 4 inch barrel,his is a .357 in 2 inch barrel I believe. Well, her gun wouldnt revolve once when we were shooting it, actually I believe it was twice. Couldnt turn the cylinder by pulling triger. Dont remember if we tried by cocking hammer. My brothers gun is doing the same thing, with bullets in or empty. WEIRD..Anyone else have this problem?

Oh yea myself and many others have had that problem with Taurus, good news is Taurus will fix it for you. Like Craftsman tools they are lifetime warranted but not the best made things out there. well I should say they are well made just not well fit and finished hence your timing issues. Anyway contact Taurus USA warrantee and send them in, they will fix it. Any time I get a Taurus I send it in right off to their American shop and they have all come back working fine and have all stayed that way. I blame poor quality control in Argentina because once tuned up stateside they do fine . . . Marlin rifles seem to be like that these days also with brand new guns needing fixed, then once fixed they are fine.

I always thought the Tracker too lightly made but in 41 that could be a good gun, didnít know they made it in 41.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Ive always been a .41 mag fan since my dad turned me onto them about 30 years ago. Ive owned a few, there easy to shoot plus I dont like being just another .44 mag guy..hehe.

I had the titanium .44spl 5-shot snubbie for a while, it did the same thing when I first got it. The pawl is probably contacting the rim of the cartridge and/or center of the ratchet if it is the same problem I had (sounds like it). I spent fifteen minutes taking excess material off the tip of the pawl with a file, a little bit at a time until it cycled reliably with snap-caps, then cleaned it up with a polishing stone. It was a nice little carry gun once I got it functioning reliably, I kinda wish I still had it.....

Good luck,
    -J

I had a taurus 44 mag do that right when I was trying to sell it here. Taurus fixed it but it was a pain in the ass.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus. Quality out of control. High rate of failure. And by the way, they are made in Brazil, not Argentina.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus. Quality out of control. High rate of failure. And by the way, they are made in Brazil, not Argentina.
    I've no problem with people buying what they can afford and inexpensive handguns have their place. However, the amount of issues found with Taurus firearms is out of proportion to their popularity. There is inexpensive and then there is cheap and I am convinced that Taurus is the latter...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    And by the way, they are made in Brazil, not Argentina.
    Yea one of those poak-a-geez speakin places in south America that donít even talk good Mexican.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    I've no problem with people buying what they can afford and inexpensive handguns have their place. However, the amount of issues found with Taurus firearms is out of proportion to their popularity. There is inexpensive and then there is cheap and I am convinced that Taurus is the latter...
    Their older revolvers have been very good to me. The newer ones need work, the hassle of that combined with their initial price puts their total price in line with a Rugar or Smith in my book. I buy them as an investment when they turn up in front of me at a price that I know I will make something on when I dump them. I don't buy them for use but some of the older ones have been good enough to stay around 20+ years now. I see them as a lot like Marlin these days, your buying the foundation gun, once it's fixed up you have a good gun but at what price are you into that good gun.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I was charged by a moose a few days ago. I had to participate in a police report since I was in close proximity of a couple homes. A small bull moose (about a 24-36" rack) came barreling through the woods after my dog. She didn't harass the moose what so ever. I then instructed her to walk beside me. we veered away from the bull on an alternate trail trying to avoid the moose. He then put his antlers down low and charged about 25 mph from 50 yards away. I had just enough time to pull out my little pistol (a 22 magnum taurus). I don't usually bring a rifle on this trail system because there aren't any bear issues so all I had with me was the little 22 magnum. I didn't want to shoot the moose so I pointed the pistol at the ground hoping that the moose would stop from the sound. I shot one round into the ground when the moose was about 10 ft. away from me. Luckily, he stopped. He then followed us for about 200 yards and my next plan was to put all 7 of my remaining full metal jacketed bullets into his head while he trampled me and pray to God that I would still be able to make a phone call had I got stomped into the ground. Never had a moose act this aggressive. Luckily, he didn't charge us again. The combination of the dirt hitting him and the sound of the muzzle blast kept him from stomping me into the ground. So........a cheap little 22 magnum Taurus probably saved me from getting stomped into the ground.

I'm not attempting to claim that Taurus are the best option as I know that there are some POS ones kicking around. I look at my POS Taurus a little differently now.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I'm not attempting to claim that Taurus are the best option as I know that there are some POS ones kicking around. I look at my POS Taurus a little differently now.
    Your experience is proof positive that something is always better than nothing. Glad you and your dog are well.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Glad to hear you made it out alright! I bet your dog is happy you went with the .22 magnum over the LR.

The best shooting snubby I have EVER shot is my Taurus 617 7 shot .357 with a 2" barrel. I can consistenly hit small targets double action at well over 30 yards. It is an unbelievable gun. Maybe I am so pleased with it because it cost less than $300 and was(is) stainless and like new. I need some good leather for that gun and it sounds like yours has earned some as well. Great report.