Thread: Not Alaska, but kind of hilarious.

Default Not Alaska, but kind of hilarious.

Got this off the web:

http://middletown-ct.patch.com/artic..._lnk2%7C107781

I guess the wife wouldn't let him do it on the living room floor!

Wonder if the charges will stick. Would it be illegal to cut up steaks while tailgating in that area? As far as bloating goes, that sounds like a lot of conjecture to me. A moose dead only a short time will bloat rapidly and any gutted ungulate will stink profusely even 5 minutes after it was slain.

In the early 80's I studied the laws and did the training in NC to be a cop. There you have to violate an established law that contains "elements" of the crime for it to be a successful prosecution. Now, the cops know that just by the act of arresting a person and compelling them to court means that the law enforcement officer has won...even if the accused is not convicted, they had to take time from work, get publicly embarrassed, and pay a lawyer several hundred buck. I doubt that the elements of the Disorderly crime were violated (doubt this act was anticipated and written into the elements) unless he was told to leave and did not immediately do so. My Basic Law Enforcement Training was a 3 month class 25 years ago. I may be a tad rusty with my recollection. This was funny.

Yup. I'm sure if he had a decent lawyer he'd beat the charges, but that would cost $$. I like how the article states "and without being asked, he cleaned up the area." There are actually a lot of hardcore hunters and shooters in the northeast, but the general attitude of the press is that hunters and shooters are low class slobs. I'm not sure why this guy resorted to road kill. Connecticut is overrun with deer. You'd be scared to death driving at sunset on highways in the western part of the state. Herds of deer all over the place.

If this guy was a fruity artsy fartsy type and had gone through the right channels, this would have been labeled "performance art." Instead, he's charged with "disorderly conduct." No laws violated, but somebody felt like he must have done something wrong, so a ticket and court date. Whatever happened to a cop saying "Ya know, this might not be the best place to do that- may I suggest taking it over to so and so and finishing it up there?" Thanks, and have a good day!