Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Shot is over..don't read this if you haven't watched it yet.

Default Top Shot is over..don't read this if you haven't watched it yet.

Mike gets smoked by a rank amateur. Good job Dustin. His shooting was pretty amazing in the end. We counted 7 hits at the end with only 8 shots. He completely owned Mike on the shotgun stage. For a guy that supposedly never competed with a firearm, Dustin can flat out shoot. Looks like his young family could put the money to good use too.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Just counted again.. 15 targets at the end with 16 shots.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

great show tonight.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Enjoyed the show, thought Dustin was a great young man and competed with honor. Very much disliked the guy that quit, what a poor sportsman and human being.

Congrats to Dustin.
    Last edited by stid2677; 10-26-2011 at 00:26.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Jakes exit was a total surprise. Rather shocked he had the heart to cripple retting else mentally but lacked the pride and dignity to finish.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Dustin showed poise far beyond his years. That was a clinic he put on tonight.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I don't think I could of hand picked a better guy to win it. I loved how when he had to do the second round of the first shoot off against Chris he wasn't nervous or worried about getting kicked off, he actually said "we get to shoot it again!" Just seems like an overall great guy.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Dustin did a great job, however Mike completely blew it. I didn't see that he ever completed the shotgun station. Kind of like a drag race where the light goes green and one guy stalls his car on the line...kind of anticlimatic. It would have been awesome to see them go to the final station neck and neck.

Mike did clear the jars with the shotgun, about 30 seconds before Dustin ended it. As to being a "rank amateur" I've been shooting rifle, pistol and shotgun for about 35 years now and on my best day I couldn't match that kid. I'd describe him as a true natural. Think what he might be like if he got a bunch of top notch training.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Yes Mike cleared the jars . . . hear is what he said happened. He sighted the shotgun in before the match with the post centered in the ghost ring as should be. The match started fine, he was first to the rock chucking and had one glass broken when Dustin got there. Then he still had just one when Dustin moved on past him. This put him in hurry-up mode and at the shotgun he was using the wrong sight picture out of habit, putting the post in the notch rather than centering it in the ring.

He said he knew he had lost as soon as Dustin moved on from the shotgun but those jars had become a personal vendetta to him by then. Only after it was all well over did he realize what he did wrong. Mike seems a very stand up guy also, he told Dustan “there was no way I could have beat your run even if I’d shot my best today.”

Both a couple fine gentlemen and good shooters there, I’m sure glad I watched the final show for that run. I hadn’t been watching the rest of the season because of the drama they inject . . . I want to see shooting be the drama not arguing and fighting, shooting was dramatic in this show.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Yes Mike cleared the jars . . . hear is what he said happened. He sighted the shotgun in before the match with the post centered in the ghost ring as should be. The match started fine, he was first to the rock chucking and had one glass broken when Dustin got there. Then he still had just one when Dustin moved on past him. This put him in hurry-up mode and at the shotgun he was using the wrong sight picture out of habit, putting the post in the notch rather than centering it in the ring.

He said he knew he had lost as soon as Dustin moved on from the shotgun but those jars had become a personal vendetta to him by then. Only after it was all well over did he realize what he did wrong. Mike seems a very stand up guy also, he told Dustan “there was no way I could have beat your run even if I’d shot my best today.”

Both a couple fine gentlemen and good shooters there, I’m sure glad I watched the final show for that run. I hadn’t been watching the rest of the season because of the drama they inject . . . I want to see shooting be the drama not arguing and fighting, shooting was dramatic in this show.
    Exactly, they are both great guys and I enjoyed watching them compete. I could completely do without the soap opra drama stuff. We don't need to gp back to the house with them...nothing that goes on there is shooting related.

The show will never be complete until they have Murphy compete and since it is titled "Top Shot" lets keep it to shooting. My neighbor guy hates guns and has never held one but he could probably crawl under barbed wire faster than me.....that folks, has nothing to do with ones ability to shoot!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by EKC View Post
    Exactly, they are both great guys and I enjoyed watching them compete. I could completely do without the soap opra drama stuff. We don't need to gp back to the house with them...nothing that goes on there is shooting related.

The show will never be complete until they have Murphy compete and since it is titled "Top Shot" lets keep it to shooting. My neighbor guy hates guns and has never held one but he could probably crawl under barbed wire faster than me.....that folks, has nothing to do with ones ability to shoot!
    Low crawling under barbed wire makes for better TV than watching two guys do jumping jacks before they shoot. I'd much rather see that than the BS/made-up drama back at the house. It's a matter of time before the show ends up on MTV.

The house drama was a bunch of BS . I wanted to see Jake nominated to hold targets for the rest of them but it didn't happen. I don't believe he holds a Budweiser, a disgrace to anyone who ever wore a uniform. Dustin was an excellent shot throughout the show. Mike had a few good runs but he wasn't as versatile as the kid.

I think Mike said he was aiming the ghost ring with the post at the bottom like an iron sight notch. It is centered.....we all know that, right?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Dustin for sure is a fine young man from the middle of nowhere.His shooting surpassed by his morals and lifestyle. Jake needs to be pulling butts on the flame thrower range
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I could get under the wire but not so quick...I still say it isn't a race it is marksmanship. I have applied for every show and I' am a better shot than many I've seen on there. Last week end I cut two out of three playing cards with my 1911 at 10 yards shooting with the gun upside down using my pinky to pull the trigger I hit two golf balls at fifty yards with an iron sighted CZ 22. I am working on a video but I don't think Top Shot is interested in me. I'm twenty years older than their oldest contestant......I don't think they think I can hack it....Probably a good thing, I would have shot Jake during the competition.

The right guy one this one..
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I believe the purpose of the running and wire crawling is to get the heart rate up in order to make it harder to shoot. I know that is why it was done in the military. Sure is hard for me to settle the cross hairs after a heart pounding climb.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I watched it, and pulled for Dustin the entire time. As for Jake - quitters don't make it through SEAL training, and his abrasive personality would have gotten him peered out. I think the validity of his having been a SEAL needs to be challenged. I was glad to see him go and frankly not surprised that he quit. If I were a SEAL I'd be pretty mad at how I was being represented.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    I watched it, and pulled for Dustin the entire time. As for Jake - quitters don't make it through SEAL training, and his abrasive personality would have gotten him peered out. I think the validity of his having been a SEAL needs to be challenged. I was glad to see him go and frankly not surprised that he quit. If I were a SEAL I'd be pretty mad at how I was being represented.
    My sentiments exactly....reference the "Budweiser" comment. Some team player huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    . . . I am working on a video but I don't think Top Shot is interested in me. I'm twenty years older than their oldest contestant......I don't think they think I can hack it....Probably a good thing, I would have shot Jake during the competition.
    Ed McGivern, Bill Jordan and Elmer Keith, just to name a few, wouldn't have made the cut either. Too old and not photogenic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjin View Post
    Ed McGivern, Bill Jordan and Elmer Keith, just to name a few, wouldn't have made the cut either. Too old and not photogenic enough.
    Are you saying I'm not photogenic?? Well...that explains it. For a while I thought I wasn't good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast