Thread: no more caps...just batteries

Default no more caps...just batteries

In the previous post "effectiveness".... I questioned "have we gone too far?" .... I think this answers my question....

http://www.cva.com/products/rifle_electra.htm
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

Default Well Maybe

This new piece of equipment might get your bu## in a lot of trouble also. The fact that extremely low temps rob batteries of life and destroy reliability might be a detractant.Also what if your prey turns predator and your trigger is turned off. While caps maybe somewhat sensitive to colder climates they tend to work pretty reliably.
    I can however see the advantages, in some areas of the lower 48. And in tropical areas, This ignition still won't do much for condensation and that seems to be a bigger problem than ignition. Maybe they could add a barrel warmer !!!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

How did you get mauled by a bear?

My battery died.

Yup waaaaay to far, the military is working on electronic triggering as well.

but they aren't loading down the muzzle.....
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

What if they made the hammer land on a piece of quartz and the electrical voltage created from the process would ignite the charge. Sort of old school meets new. Yet another case of "We can do it" but should we.