Thread: Juneau Deer

Default Juneau Deer

I am heading out deer hunting later this coming week. I was looking for info on what to expect as far as deer location, behavior and grouping. Location; not exactly where, but what habbitat to expect to find them in. Thanks for the replies.

I would start looking just below the new snow lines
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Find does.....find bucks. Be expecting them in unexpected places too. The rut is starting and the roaming has begun.

Depends on what you mean by Juneau deer. If you're looking at Douglas Island, Go up, up, up... The snow is just below tree line and so are the deer. There's a few down lower, but a majority will be in the timber at about 2000 ft. Douglas deer don't come down till they have to. If you're hitting Admiralty check all the usual places. They should be near muskegs watch for rubs to start showing up real soon. Calling should be effective on Admiralty about now. If you don't like calling, I'd think about cruising some timber above the muskegs watching for deer.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.