Thread: 375 ultra mag and wild west brake

Default 375 ultra mag and wild west brake

Headed to the range to meet up with a fellow forum member to run some loads through the chrono. I have been curious to see what the 375 can do. With a load of 105.0 grs of h-1000 federal 215 primers and a 300gr Sierra 3 shot string averaged 2,887 f.p.s not bad. Here is the kicker that wild west brake tames that bad boy down to a mild kicking 30-06... The fellow forum member did not complain about muzzle blast that's what makes this brake the tits bystanders are not punished and the shooter isn't either. I was just using standard ear plugs. So if you guys have a rifle that needs to be tamed get the wild west brake. On a side note I have shot this rifle with no hearing protection while hunting I initially thought this is going to hurt, it doesn't I was simply amazed on how this brake works. No excuse not wear hearing protection while hunting but when you don't have time to insert hearing protection you don't need to worry about ringing ears for a week.

Holy crap...105 grains of H-1000?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
    Holy crap...105 grains of H-1000?
    Lol I know almost 2900 with a 300gr slug. No animal in Alaska will know what hit them. Should be like the hammer of Thor!