Thread: Got Fish...Upper Kenai river

Default Got Fish...Upper Kenai river

10/23/2011
    I put another AIRE raft away today. The only boat left inflated on my trailer is an 18 Foot cataraft with a 9.9 motor.

I'm considering one last three day float on Oct 28th, 29th, 30th before serious winter weather ends this fine fall season.
    Can anybody provide a recent "Got Fish" report for trout and char on the upper Kenai River during this last weekend, Oct 22nd and 23rd? (...or since then as this week progesses...)
    Any catch reports for the miracle miles between Sportsman Landing/Ferry Crossing to Jims Landing?
    Any catch reports for the Kenai Canyon from Jims Landing to Skilak Lake?
    (Although I have crossed the lake at least 50 times, crossing Skilak Lake in cold weather is always a chilling experience.)
    How about down river flowing out of Skilak Lake? Has that "middle river" sections catch rate spiked upward yet?

Thanks, for any information from any of you still out there fishing in frozen waders and chipping ice out of your fly rod line-guides.

AlaskaTrueAdventure/Dennis

Anyone? I'm wondering the same thing. I get back to town on Tuesday and want to take the raft out one last time. A report would be great.

Thanks
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Was on the upper today. There are still fish there. Not as many as there was last month but quality fish. A buddy and I landed a couple in the mid 20s and some in the teens. Lost a few other nice fish. Water has dropped a lot and all the usual gravel bars and islands are fishable. Water is a little stained. Should be good fishing for another couple weeks.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Was on the upper today. There are still fish there. Not as many as there was last month but quality fish. A buddy and I landed a couple in the mid 20s and some in the teens. Lost a few other nice fish. Water has dropped a lot and all the usual gravel bars and islands are fishable. Water is a little stained. Should be good fishing for another couple weeks.
    Sweet thanks man. Have any days off this week? Day Trip?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I might be able to go Friday but more likely it'd have to be Sat.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Briefly fished the upper from shore on Sunday, managed one 20"+ trout an a couple in the teens. Each on nasty articulated flesh.