Thread: Bear skull update

Default Bear skull update

Thanks for all of the help that you folks gave me on the flaking of the skull. But as always, there is a new twist to the story. A water pipe broke in my house and ruined quite a bit of stuff. Well, the bookshelf that the skull was on decided to go ahead and collapse due to the water damage. And it all landed in a heap with my skull at the bottom. So now I have multiple pieces of bear skull that I now have 2 stories to tell. One, how I got it, and two, why it looks like I killed it with a pick axe.
    Matt

Default A reason to go again.

Well, the bright side is you have a reason to go try for another one. Plus maybe you can claim it on your home owners insurance. Sounds like your are due some GOOD luck. The pick axe thing is too funny.LOL

Hang in there
    Steve

OOh nooo
    But like Steve pointed out now ya got a good reason to go again!

Yeah, I can't wait! This has been too long of a winter. I just have to convince my wife that we need another "dead thing" in our house. I have converted her from being a vegetarian to eating "dead things", but she still has not gotten over mounts on the wall. And she REFUSES to hunt with me. I am wondering how I put a price on a skull for insurance purposes. Let's see:
    ATV: $5,000
    New 45-70: $550
    Bullets: $30
    Gas: $100
    Food: $50
    Memories: Priceless

Total $5730

Don't think they will buy it

Yeah, I can't wait! This has been too long of a winter. I just have to convince my wife that we need another "dead thing" in our house. I have converted her from being a vegetarian to eating "dead things", but she still has not gotten over mounts on the wall. And she REFUSES to hunt with me. I am wondering how I put a price on a skull for insurance purposes. Let's see:
    ATV: $5,000
    New 45-70: $550
    Bullets: $30
    Gas: $100
    Food: $50
    Memories: Priceless

Total: $5730 of priceless memories

Don't think they will buy it

Default I hear Ya

I don't want to even think about what my moose cost per lb. But your skull should have an insurance value. I'm sure less than you or I would consider fair. Here is a link to a few.
    http://www.adirondackreflections.com/skulls.htm
    Good luck

Steve

Default The Skull

Stid,
    Excellent site! But what price do you put on memories? I don't think USAA will put into consideration the time, process, and friendship that was put into the skull. If it was, that skull would be worth millions, as all of yours and everybody on this forum's would be. I think I will just take my lumps/lessons learned and smile on all of the pictures that are submitted and say "Hey. That could be me!" (IT WILL BE ME DARNIT!!)
    Matt

welcome to my world bro! I had a realtor leave my freezer open and toasted a nice chocolate hide, a cape, and 50+ pounds of meat......sorry for your loss, I know how it feels.

Default Memories

I agree with you on that. But, spring is in the air and while we are still kicking we can head back out and make some new ones. I too have mounts that are irreplacable for sure. Sorry for your run of bad luck, but luck changes and sounds like you are due some good luck for a change. PS take your next skull to someone else.

Happy Hunting

Steve