Thread: Side by side half windshields

Default Side by side half windshields

I am looking at putting a half windshield on my 2011 6X6 Ranger and would like some pro/con input from others that have or had them. Thanks.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

Default Works

I have one in my Ranger 6X6. I like the way it works. Keeps a good part of the wind and rain off you (I have the hard cab with a half window) But keeps your visibility excellent. I had the full windshield, but you were always battling seeing well, from ice to rain, etc. I didn't even have the half window for awhile, and it was a lot colder and wetter without it.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

We put a 1/2 windshield on our 2001 Ranger to combat the spring chill..What we found was that on dry dusty trails the windshield creates a low pressure system in the cab and SUCKS large amounts of dust into the cab, your eyes and everything.

Some people deny this happens, some people say that a rear cab cover will stop it, but so far I have not tried that remedy.

Just a FYI. It is not a perfect or easy solution.

Other than that we LOVE our Ranger.

Tom

Ive got one on my 2011, my second ranger with a half windshield. Wouldn't go any other route.

For the $, it's durable, you still have a great field of view and the top lip carves the wind right over the ease of a rider about 5'8ish. I'm a bit taller so I do catch a bit of wind but it's easily doable by sinking down a bit.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I like the one I have on my RZR. It keeps some of the goo out of my face and lap, and breaks the wind well enough. When it does get covered I can easily clean it off in one swipe, or just peek over the top of it until I'm ready to unbuckle.
    -J

Lol Jay- there is no hiding from mud in a Rzr. They sling it everywhere.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I got one on my 2011 RZR and it works great
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

I have a half-windshield on my 2010 Ranger 6X6 and love it. Would not go any other route. When mud, dust, ice, rain etc get on the windshield you can still see everything. It makes a huge difference in blocking the wind out of your face compared to NOT having anything in front of you. Have not had the dust issue that was mentioned. Even if I was considering some type of cab I would only ever have a half-windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Lol Jay- there is no hiding from mud in a Rzr. They sling it everywhere.
    LOL, Aint that the truth!

Mine is ridiculous! The longtravel kit puts those 26" swamp-lites WAY out there past the regular RZR body, and I don't even have RZR S flares on the thing. There is a certain speed where those tires just toss fist-sized chunks of slop in all directions, including right down my neck! It's sloppy, but It sure is fun!
    -J

just put a half sheetmetal on it instead of wasting money on a windshield.
    Semper Fi!

Thanks for the input. Think I will invest in one. I have a full windshield with no cab, and that just doesn't work. I also thought about the sheet metal but I think I'll get the clear one. I had the issue of the dust being sucked in with this full windshield, but hope it won't happen with the half.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

Saw one this weekend, looks great. You can see through it (sheet metal not so much) and the lip deflects the air up.

I started out with a full windshield and switched to the half for the summer and put the full back on in the winter. I had the dust issues with the full windshield until I put a back on it. The dust would roll up between the bed and the cab. Never had dust issues with the half because the wind blows it through. There is no getting awya from dust when your following someone, it's part of the experiance.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    I started out with a full windshield and switched to the half for the summer and put the full back on in the winter. I had the dust issues with the full windshield until I put a back on it. The dust would roll up between the bed and the cab. Never had dust issues with the half because the wind blows it through. There is no getting awya from dust when your following someone, it's part of the experiance.
    It was dust from my own wheels sucking up between the bed and seat, as you mentioned. The draft is so strong there is also a high level of exhaust fumes coming into the cab as well.

Dust from the wheeler in front is a given...

make one out of 1/2 steel for when you ride out at jim creek so you dont get caught by a stray round.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    make one out of 1/2 steel for when you ride out at jim creek so you dont get caught by a stray round.
    That's just funny.