Thread: Worn out track

Default Worn out track

Looking for anyone who is willing to part with an old worn out track for cheap. I'm ok if it has tears in it even. Just trying an exparament and don't want to spend the money on a new or even sleightly used track if it doesn't work.
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

What's your "experiment"? Somebody here has probably already tried it and can save you a lot of headache...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

wrapping the tires of my RZR so I can ride it in the winter. I saw a guy do it once on a raptor 660 and put skis on the front and was going like a bat outta well you know. Wanted to see if I could do the same thing on my ride.

Ah, that experiment. It's been tried. I know a guy who had pretty good results last winter using Jwheelz. He installed the Jwheelz on the rear of an old 3-wheeler and then strapped an old steel snowmachine ski to the front wheel using a couple ratchet straps. It got around pretty good. http://www.j-wheelz.com/

The wrap-a-track around it method is problematic in trying to keep the track in place. You basically have to let air out of the tires, wrap the track, cut to right length, and securely fasten the ends back together. Then inflate the tires to enough pressure to hold the track in place. Even so, with a bit of side force you will dislodge the tracks.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

got that covered I used to own an argo with tracks. I have some track guides left over from then. I am going to bolt those onto the track just like the ones on the argo track used to go over rubber tires.