Thread: Women Caribou Hunters...........

Default Women Caribou Hunters...........

Since Im in Kotzebue, and in my wanderings , visitings today I met an interesting couple of Hunters who stoped me and asked about the Seal Hunting going on 100yards offshore.........kind fooled me at first, The one looking quite like a pudgy young man in military cut, the other quite attractive and in her late 20's......dressed in Cammo, talking low and laughing outloud, still in their camp clothes (and smelling like it)........ apon second glance, (Ok, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, like that fast ) ......I figured I was talking to a coupla Lezbians, who had just completed sucessfull 'hunt' for rut Caribou.
    They described a couple of days of really dealing with the weather , and evidently spent a couple days stuck in the tent, and a couple days actually Hunting, and both were stoked they had come through it all and were headed back to where ever....

When I asked what they planned on doing with the Rut Bulls they had took, one mentioned she was gonna Mount hers , and the other elaborated on doing her own flavor Grinding, and Sausage Stuffing, and that though her partner is a vegetarian who wont Eat Meat......... "Hmmmmmmmm, seems right I guess" was trailing through my mind.
    Then the conversation turned to trapping and how to fly planes, ect..

So I congratulated them on their first Hunt, and wonderd on musing about the conversation I just had and they walked off , hand in hand......and I watched my friends chuck spears, doing their thang infront of Kotz, seems like quite a few have done well, but somewhere , out in this world are two happy women, who done it all themselfs
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

lol...and just when we thought...well...hell, mostly it dont really matter what we think in the whole scheme of things, does it?

lol...only in bush alaska would the stark contrast between the members (stranger and the two gals) of the above interaction be so blatent...be interesting to know what the two were thinking of the same conversation. only in alaska surely.

The fact that one of them is a vegetarian, hunted and killed is very interesting, for I have met so very, very few vegetarians who did not bear an anti-hunting sentiment.

Congratulations to the two women on their caribou hunt, wherever they may be.

Lol nice from the sounds of it they were "butch" lesbians which sucks, I rather stare at good looking lesbians

Well the "Manly" one was the veg, didnt look like it was making her skinny a bit.....my actual thoughts during the conversation were "Wow, vegtables make you fat....?" maybe the way she cooks.
    From the talk and it being their first Caribou hunt and all, I think it was more about being a 'real Man', no matter how impossible that could be ~~LOL!!~~

Yaaaa, the other one woulda make a fine, ah, well, ah it .....shuks..............she looked pretty good........ya, 5'4 , 120, dark brown hair, light green eyes, very toned......."what was she doin' with "him??!!" my mind was a wonderin'....dang

Still, it was quite outta my norm for sure, though in this society, such is not uncommon or frowned on the way Girly Men are, ............as well, they were VERY Happy, so what could I say ?? I dont piss on parades, even Gay Pride ones.
    Im of the thought that they truly had an adventure of a lifetime, and to the core that is Cool.

Beans have much in the way of protein and carbo content. If one were to eat lots of beans of all flavors, one could gain weight. Or one could be a semi-veg and eat milkshakes for example. Rare to find a true total veghead.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Now that sounds like an interesting meeting of two groups of people from completely different walks of life. Like ninefoot said I wonder what the two gals were thinking of the encounter as they walked away?

How did your friends do chucking spears at seals? Any of them train dogs to retrieve seals? I saw a few pics some time back of a guys labs retrieving seals he killed and thought it was pretty neat.

Might be two from the women's outdoor forum.

So whats the stuffed sausages for?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hahahahaha!!!!! Good one Matt.

Stranger..............do you know Dr. Ruth and Aucha?
    Clear your PM box.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Kameroff and Zent, MT? Nope , not them.......nor any of the dozens of women here that partake in "A mans Job" .......this chick and her 'partner' were totally unlocal. I belive from Minnasota as they were talking about stopping in southern Millwaki (SP??) and then on to Minn....
    The lady of the couple had plans for a meat drop off in Anch, and getting it frozen for the flight home, though I dont know how that all works, my meat stays with me.......

The guys here did very well, my broinlaw s boat caught 22, as they float in seawater this timma year, harpoons are the way to secure them. They went to 5 different houses, and since me and the bro inlaw do not talk , were relying My son in Deering to get us 10 or so we eat till they can be hunted again in April.Two fnerals back to back in our family last month, the hunting down here was cancelled then, so who knows, maby a winter with no seal oil........it aint in yer hands till its in yer hands.......

Around here, women hunting is very common, but couples like that are not, hence my finding this an interesting subject to post on.

The Box, its cleared.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    So whats the stuffed sausages for?
    Don't let your mind run away with that one Amigo

Stranger, nice job on not raining on their parade, as you said. I know you don't like the rutting bulls meat that well but since they were all excited, you let them go. Really hard to believe they were there hunting but good for them. I think you have more composure than I would have. I sometimes open mouth and insert foot and get in all kinds of trouble. Hope your seal hunting pans out, thanks again.

Yep, all women hunters are sausage stuffing lesbians. I await the beaver jokes with rapt fascination at your intellect.

Ya, Marco, I'm pretty good at keeping my opinion to myself,especcally in polite conversation, thou' theres alotta that I do not agree with in this world, but I am tolerant, and concentrate on my own kids, with my values and ways.
    "But" , if asked, and we do that here on this forum, for my Opinion..... well I aint afraid to give folks the truth, weather they like it or not.

These women told me thay had been warned by the transporter about 'rut' meat, and sausage was their answer, before I could even say a thing........

That would be a whole lot of sausage! I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on stinkyatz caribou bulls at the height of the rut, but to each his/her own I guess.

Alright, alright, that was fun for 18 posts....sorry guys...