Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate the host of "Top Shot"

Default I hate the host of "Top Shot"

I hate his goofy comments, and I would love to see team members force him to actually do some shooting himself. That would be entertaining. I've never seen him shoot anything.

I'd like to see him shoot too. Here's an idea, how about a Celebrity Top Shot with all the guys who fly through the air shooting bad guys with .45s at 40 yards? We could have Butterball Segal, Bruce Mayhem Willis and a lot of others. I'd watch it! I hear that a few stars actually can shoot. Butterball's supposed to be a fair shot with a 1911. Tom Selleck has slung a few bullets in his day too. I don't know about any of the younger hotshots.

Ed Sullivan couldn't sing,dance or tell jokes but he still brought neat stuff to t.v. I don't care for the host much myself but maybe he is jaded from Jakes
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

His claim to fame is being a Survivor runner up thats it. I cant stand him get a shooting legend up there and be the host

HUNT HARD HUNT SAFE
    WILL

I am with you guys. I have watch the most of all three seasons and I still waiting for someone to challenge this guy. Another irritating thing is people quitting. Family issues are one thing, but quitting cause your feelings are hurt is another. Most of us would never quit given the opportunity.

That obnoxious dork is the reason I don't watch the show. Enjoy the competition, can't stand listening to the host!

Just a suggestion:

Please clean up the mess after.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Kill your T.V., but keep your computer monitor...now that's the answer. No offense but the internet and TV have plenty in common and it always cracks me up when somebody on the 'net says kill your T.V. . They are only as good as you how you use them. Lately, this site has been only marginally better than Days of Our Lives.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Kill your T.V., but keep your computer monitor...now that's the answer. No offense but the internet and TV have plenty in common and it always cracks me up when somebody on the 'net says kill your T.V. . They are only as good as you how you use them. Lately, this site has been only marginally better than Days of Our Lives.
    True enough. At least on the internet you have more potential to make what you will of it, rather than taking what is fed to you. Don't have a TV myself, and virtually never see anything making me inclined to own one. Sorry to distract from the subject at hand. Carry on.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

That was beautiful, Doug!

Complain about the host? Please...

Let's see any one of you give shot by shot commentary on a show like that and see how annoying YOU would sound. Cut the guy some slack....

He's not nearly as annoying as that dude from "One Man Army" and "Man Woman Wild" (Mykle Hawk)
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    He's not nearly as annoying as that dude from "One Man Army" and "Man Woman Wild" (Mykle Hawk)
    Hard to believe that anyone would watch any of them more than once on purpose, man or woman.

Or wild??????

I hadn't watched the show until today, but he pronounced Sako as "Socko" and talked about the Heckler & "Coke" MP5 they were shooting. He knows as much about guns as I know about wildflowers in Uganda.

I don't like him either but I sure get a kick out of some of the challenges and wish I had the opportunity to do some of the shots.
    I hate to sound stupid on this forum and I am not questioning you MarineHawk, but I thought it was pronounced as sock-o.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    I hadn't watched the show until today, but he pronounced Sako as "Socko" and talked about the Heckler & "Coke" MP5 they were shooting. He knows as much about guns as I know about wildflowers in Uganda.
    I believe those are the correct pronunciations.

Poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe.......
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    I'm pretty sure I remember that's how Sako pronounces their own name in their commercials and if you look on HK's website they say to pronounce it as "coke".

Did anyone say he was even a shooter? He is a TV host and as you can plainly see, that requires little if any knowledge of the subject matter at hand. And while we are on the subject, every shooter should be allowed to shoot all of the different phases with points given for order of placement in each shoot. Tally at the end and find the real top shot. Any of the competitors could be best shot at 19 of 20 events and get knocked out of the competition on the first go around because they are very poor at that one event but very good at the rest. This show isn't about who is the best shot but is about getting ratings by causing conflict between the competitors.

This is a kinda funny rant. I've watched the show several times (just can't get much into scheduled TV programs, so I've seen maybe a dozen episodes) and for the life of me, I can't remember a single thing about the host dude. Can't picture what he looks like. Don't know his name. Can't think of a single line that he's said. When I watch the show, I was watching the shooting stuff and could care less about the announcer guy. What flippin' difference does it make if the host is a shooter or not? He's just the announcer. I bet if he was a hot blonde chic, ya'll wouldn't be complaining about whether or not he can shoot. When I go to a hockey game, I don't sit there wondering if the announcer guy can play the game and I certainly don't spout off that they need to put him on the ice every time he rolls out one of his long-winded "gooooaaaaaalllllll" cries like we're at some European football match.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

So does that mean that Joe Rogan is a poser UFC host because he's not a fighter? He's just a host. Anyways, not a fan of Jake though some of his tactics makes sense.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast