Thread: hogatza by river..?

Default hogatza by river..?

few q's on this upper koyukuk trib. looks a like approximate 600mile journey from the yuki bridge(one way). my father made the journey in 1992{the yr the river froze waaay early), ad had excellent results. I know the koyukuk is doable(depending on weather/rain), to get to the hog, by prop, as I have buddies that do it regurally. just need to know the channell. im not wanting to fly, by boat. just mainly would like to kno if anyone has hunted this area, an a if it is worth going that far..? im not wanting areas hunted or secret spots(even tho it isnt no secret), just info on it. ive been as far as huslia, and its about 90-100 miles further..i thonk also to get to the hog u actually take a slough, and not go to the mouth of the hog...?long hall but the river running and adventure is amazing up there..not to mention big animals. any info greatly appreciated. thank ya much!

I did the run from Huslia up to the Hog this fall. Can't send you a PM though. Maybe a moderator will flip the magic switch.

for some reason, icant send pm's either..ive tried and tried..how else can we do this as im waaay interested haha

send me an email at joelst99@yahoo.com

email sent

thanx for the info 270...as im considering the obstacles...

how was cut off?

cut off is wicked shallow at the top half and full of rock . 270 and I were together.

I'd bring extra props if going up the cut off.

extra props...and pull over and put the jet on.

How long of a process is it to put the jet on while riverside?

hello,,with a hyd jack plate i could do mine in half hour or less,was nice just having a jet alone incase i lost a lower unit,,

ya was gonna say half hr with a lift