Thread: GPS mounting

Default GPS mounting

Does anyone know if its fairly easy to mount a removable GPS in a cub on a blank spot on the instrument panel without a 50 thousand dollar AI sign off (being facisious lol).

I was not going to answer this but I will anyway, well if you are using a garmin the yoke mount will not work in the cub, So take one of the cradle mounts that come in the box you get a couple, then you go down to a sewing and fabric store, and buy some velcro. You then cut to fit the bottom of the cradle mount, then you stick some velcro on the top of the Panel in a convenient spot and that is it. The velcro might cost 5 bucks and course a pair scissors if you don't have a pair. I can be just as smug buckwheat. One thing I am very glad of is that my name is not in your logbook. I run into few wet noodle student know it alls before. I been at this for almost 40 years now. You have some real issues going on or your are just a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by BH206L3 View Post
    I was not going to answer this but I will anyway, well if you are using a garmin the yoke mount will not work in the cub, So take one of the cradle mounts that come in the box you get a couple, then you go down to a sewing and fabric store, and buy some velcro. You then cut to fit the bottom of the cradle mount, then you stick some velcro on the top of the Panel in a convenient spot and that is it. The velcro might cost 5 bucks and course a pair scissors if you don't have a pair. I can be just as smug buckwheat. One thing I am very glad of is that my name is not in your logbook. I run into few wet noodle student know it alls before. I been at this for almost 40 years now. You have some real issues going on or your are just a troll.
    Your mechanic skills must be exemplary because your customer service is terrible. Either that or you simply work for an air carrier and fix commercial planes. There are no issues going on with me I simply want to mount a GPS in a cub in a way that is functional and looks nice that is not going to cost a fortune. Acting condescending to people is not good business practice btw. I dont really care how long you have been at this or whose name is in whose log book. Why would you think that I would care if your name was in my maintenance logs or how long you have been working on planes?

Time and grade never impressed me, I seen too many in the military that were total jack *****'s and were where they were simply because of time. 40 years does not mean anything other than you were sucking air, its all about what you put into those 40 years.

I will likely figure it out myself but wanted to see if anyone had any non inflammatory advice.

Adison? Where are you...? You know what to do.