Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kodiak Hunters

  1. #1

    Default Kodiak Hunters

    I just saw the post "Kodiak Countdown" & wanted to wish everyone heading over to have a good hunt, descent weather, & return safe. I am counting down as well. I leave on Nov 1st & recieved a text from my hunting partner @ 0440 this a.m., "12 days!" Its way better than christmas. I enjoy the hunting stories & photos from Kodiak. So if you have just returned this year or when you get back please share. I mostly enjoy them before I leave, it gets me even more AMPED up. I have not heard of anyone being mauled or seriously injured this year & hope it stays that way . Good luck everyone.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I just saw the post "Kodiak Countdown" & wanted to wish everyone heading over to have a good hunt, descent weather, & return safe. I am counting down as well. I leave on Nov 1st & recieved a text from my hunting partner @ 0440 this a.m., "12 days!" Its way better than christmas. I enjoy the hunting stories & photos from Kodiak. So if you have just returned this year or when you get back please share. I mostly enjoy them before I leave, it gets me even more AMPED up. I have not heard of anyone being mauled or seriously injured this year & hope it stays that way . Good luck everyone.
    I hear ya man!! Kodiak is addicting. This is my 4th trip in 3 years. Probably try to go every year I can from now on.

  3. #3
    Member akiceman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Two Rivers, AK
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Thanks Justin. Back atchya! I leave in 5 days.

  4. #4

    Default

    Good luck guys & I look forward to your pics & posts. I only wish I had a bear tag in my hand! So just video & photos of the bears this trip. 10 more days, not that I am counting.

  5. #5

    Default

    11 more days. Kodiak Island, brown bear + deer.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Leavin' on the 9th for a 10 day hunt, can't wait for a great adventure with my dad! Hope to score on a nice bear and bring back a couple deer to get us through the year. Good luck all and make good decisions.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, AK
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I just saw the post "Kodiak Countdown" & wanted to wish everyone heading over to have a good hunt, descent weather, & return safe. I am counting down as well. I leave on Nov 1st & recieved a text from my hunting partner @ 0440 this a.m., "12 days!" Its way better than christmas. I enjoy the hunting stories & photos from Kodiak. So if you have just returned this year or when you get back please share. I mostly enjoy them before I leave, it gets me even more AMPED up. I have not heard of anyone being mauled or seriously injured this year & hope it stays that way . Good luck everyone.
    Nope, no maulings or serious injuries this year, so far. Bears had a good salmon feast (better than last year) and have certainly not been as prominent around the road system. Termination dust has hit the hills and snowline, I would estimate, is sitting around 1600'.
    Good luck on yer hunts and enjoy the island. I have only been here just on 2 years, but it already feels like home and me, wife and 3 boys are having experiences of a lifetime. Such a priveledge to be able to just drive a few miles and have a hunt/fish experience that others dream their whole lives to have.

  8. #8
    Member kodiakrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbh40 View Post
    Such a priveledge to be able to just drive a few miles and have a hunt/fish experience that others dream their whole lives to have.
    That's an accurate perspective, "we're living in an Outdoor Dreamland"

    It is also true across the entire state, but Kodiak,
    just the name, stirs an image that is just intense....

    Then for those who have actually hunted, cruised the shoreline, gotten whipped by brush on the steeps in real life,

    well, it's unreal to get to live there
    Amazing to see the reaction, as I work on my next boat down south for a while,
    Everyone has thoughts of "Wow, or Whoa," on Kodiak

    Enjoy the ease of access you guys, it's all Priceless
    Also, "Take Care, don't go too fast."
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

  9. #9
    Member aktomboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Delta Junction, Alaska
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Got back last night with the hubby (Dirty South in AK) and his bear another great trip and no mountains fall out from under me this time

  10. #10
    Member kodiakrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aktomboy View Post
    Got back last night with the hubby (Dirty South in AK) and his bear another great trip and no mountains fall out from under me this time :
    D
    "Got back,....and his BEAR ??....."
    C'mon tomboy, sounds like you must have a pretty good hunt story for us,.....

    What's the lowdown? Ya got me wondering.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •