Thread: Starline 45-70 brass ?

Default Starline 45-70 brass ?

Thinking about ordering 500 pieces of Starline 45-70 brass. Any of you using it and does it take a small rifle primer?

That's all I use, good stuff. Their normal run brass is with LR pocket. The small primer stuff was some they made for a special run for some company. I have some of that too. I bought for bargain price from a local distributor. I prefer standard LR primers with powders suitable for the 45-70. Starline is right down the road from me place.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thanks Murphy, glad your still around. What is with the nickle plated 45-70 brass they make and do you think there are any brown bear suitable 350 grain bullets available for the Marlin 1895 45-70 ?

Been using it for sometime. It's great brass by all accounts. I've always bought mine from Midway and never had any option for primer pocket size. There are some real advantages with SR primers, but since I use 405 grain Remington bullets for my handloads their advantages are insignificant.

FWIW I also use *____ brass for my 44 magnums; couldn't be more satisfied.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Thanks Murphy, glad your still around. What is with the nickle plated 45-70 brass they make and do you think there are any brown bear suitable 350 grain bullets available for the Marlin 1895 45-70 ?
    in 350Gr most favor the Hornady Interlocks around here. Very consitent and hard hitting. They do the DPX in 350Gr as well I think, not tried them myself.

Love Starline brass, if they make it in the caliber Iím loading itís my preferred brass. Yes Starlinr 45/70 brass is good brass, maybe even the best.

The Starline 45/70 has LR pockets, I think the SR pockets (made by Starline) has a Buffalo Bore head stamp but Iím not 100% sure on that . . . at any rate the small pocket stuff only gets sold new to that ammo manufacturer so any new unfired brass you get will have LR pockets.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I shoot the 45-70 revolver with SR 4759 and I use LP mag primers. They are more accurate then the LR primer for me. Other powders might do better with a LR primer but the revolver does not like any other powder.