Thread: 250gr. TTSX load data for a .375 H&H

Default 250gr. TTSX load data for a .375 H&H

Picked up a box of these figuring to use the data off of Barnes website. Go to the web site and find they list NO data. Their book doesn't have it and neither does my Lyman.

I've been told not to use 250gr. lead soft point data?

I've just started reloading and not sure where to turn next? I have reloaded 25 partitions and 25 .44mag XTPs and both shot just fine, but that is the extent of my experience so far!

Thanks in advance!

Call them, they will give you all the answers you need. Barnes is quite helpful on the phone. I extrapolated my data for the 250 TTSX using the data from the 235 and the 270's. It gave me a place to start anyway. I am shooting the 375 Ruger and not the HH, so my numbers don't do you much good. I worked up my load slowly, like I always do looking for pressure signs and good accuracy. And you are correct, lead core data does not apply to all copper bullets, at least Barnes stuff. They shoot great out of my Ruger Alaskan and I notice they hit several inches lower at 200yrds than the 270 tsx I was shooting before, so I assume they are traveling faster and have a flatter trajectory. I have yet to chrony them. I like them and am likely switching from the 270's for my go to load. They are harder to get closer to the lands than the tsx if you have magazine restrictions though. Sometimes that matters, sometimes not. Good luck.

Good suggestion Daved...you can also email them from their website. My go-to guy there is Ty. He is the lead tech person in their research and ballistics lab. I have always found him to be super helpful. I'm sure he has the data for you and will gladly share it.

Awesome, thanks guys, i'll give Barnes a call. I thought about trying to extrapolate from the 235/270 TSX data but being new to handloading I was a bit nervous about that. Thanks again!