Thread: Wiggy's Glacier Hunter bag size?

Default Wiggy's Glacier Hunter bag size?

Looking at picking up a second sleeping bag for hunting. Looking at a Wiggy's Glacier Hunter 15 degree bag. I'm 6' 2" and 215 lbs, I think I need a long wide bag but don't know how the Wiggy's bags run. I recently bought a new Mountain Hardwear bag at REI and had to get the long bag, reg bags were just too short. My Wife's North Face Elk Hunter is also a long bag and I fit perfect in it. Any Wiggy's Glacier Hunter or Wiggy's mummy bag owners please chime in.

Thanks Billy Jack
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

I am 6'5" 265 and the long wide bag is VERY roomy. Talk to Marc Taylor he will size you up in a second.

I am only 6' and the wide long is very roomy, I really like it, I spent a week on Adak, my bag got soaking wet, I still was able to sleep in it, I did not freeze to death.

Quote Originally Posted by gerberman View Post
    I am only 6' and the wide long is very roomy, I really like it, I spent a week on Adak, my bag got soaking wet, I still was able to sleep in it, I did not freeze to death.
    Gerberman, what bag did you have? I recently bought a Ti Goat bivy sack that I'm going to use inconjunction with my sleeping bags from here on out to prevent getting wet too.

Your TiGoat Bobby will swallow up any bag on the market outside of a double wide. I've sacked up my wiggys superlight long/wide and a feathered friends. Plenty of room for my ExPed UL9 and the sleeping bag
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

What are new Glacier Hunters going for nowadays? A little extra for the long wide size I take it? The one I'm gettin is like new, probably used once.

6'2" 180 here and I got the long per Marc's direction. I dont have a reference because I didnt get to try a regular first, but the long is longer than I need it to be and I like it that way personally.

At 5'9 my glacier hunter regular is plenty long. I feel my wife's 0 degree wiggy's short fits me actually a little better, but no regrets and would likely opt of the bit more space and just pack extra clothes in with me to take up the dead space, or dry out damp clothes overnight.

I ended up buying it after all. Got it from a guy on the Kifaru forum up in Canada, looks like it was used once., it's on the way and I'm gonna test it and my Ti goat when it stops raining here in Seward, It's acting like it is Kodiak here.........

5'11", 210 lbs. My reg wide GH is my most comfy bag. Big hood, big enough for my arms when I sleep on my stomach and plenty of width to roll around in.

Took about 2 weeks to get my Glacier Hunter but I couldn't be happier with it. It's super warm, roomy and It's 10 times the bag my Mountain Hardwear bag is. You can just tell that it is a serious piece of heavy duty hunting equipment. Can't wait to test it out.
    Thanks for the input.