Thread: Aluminum hardtop?

Default Aluminum hardtop?

I have an 88 Bayliner 2556 Cierra that we want to put a hardtop on over the rear deck. Anyone have any photos they could post so that we can get a decent idea of what we need/want? Suggestions on what to include and what not to include would also be very helpful. Thanks

Should probably go see Ben at Silverstreak Boats. He has pictures in his shop of the hardtops he has done. Looks like he does good work.

Just from an aesthetics standpoint, I'd look into a fabric covering over the deck.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Paul I need to place my zodiac on the hardtop as it won't fit anywhere else.

I know there have been some posts of people who have had racks built that both provide a canvis covering over the back deck, and a place to put an inflatable.

I guess part of it was thinking of various boats I've seen with hard tops added that look like a tin can on the back of the boat, then looking at pics of boats like yours and cringing at the thought. I'm sure it could be well executed, and painted with the color of your hull.

You might want to look through the boat repair customization forum and do some searches on hard tops and canvis, as I know several mods have been posted and some that were very well done.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Here is a pic of one a friend put on his Tollycraft. Dave at heavy weather boats put it together.

Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Ben at silver streak. Go talk with him.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

i have the same boat and am wanting to build on also wont get started on it till later this winter but i have the shop space and tools to build one with the boat in the shop might have to exchange some ideas

I had Ben at Silverstreak put something like that on my boat. It was made of 1 1/2" aluminum pipe and decked on top with diamond-plate aluminum. I had structure on the sides closest to the cabin and no verticals on the transom side. I used the structure like a ladder and stored an inflatable there. I'll post a pic if I can find it.

Casper. I have a 22' C-DORY crusier. Built a permenent roof over the rear deck from a fiberglass tounou (spelling) cover off of a full size pickup. Painted to match, turned out nice. People have asked if it was factory. Don't know how to send pic's, but if you are interested call me @ 398-1593 and I can e-mail them to you.

Thanks for the photo Spoiledone. Bearbait I'd appreciate the photos. my email is mharrell@cpgh.org Thanks

Casper you should check out the baylinerownersclub.org. Go to the forums section and bring up this question there and I'm sure that you will get answers/pictures. If I remember right there is a company that makes fiber glass hard tops for about any Bayliner. You should be able to get that info on the Bayliner forum. Shipping it up may be a challenge. I do know of a way to get it shipped on a barge for a very reasonable rate. If you decide to go this way get in touch with me and I will give you contact info for shipping.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning