Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011/12 tying get together @ 3 Rivers in Wasilla

Default 2011/12 tying get together @ 3 Rivers in Wasilla

Hey Tiers,
    We are starting again to get together and tie up some flies and just hang out. Saturdays 9 a.m. to 11ish, hope to see you there. If there are any patterns you wish to learn let me know and we will try to get someone to demo it. Looking forward to this again this year, meeting or reconnecting and just talking fish and what ever.

Also posted on the tying thread but thought I could reach out broader with a duplicate post.

George

George I don't have the surgeons fingers like you guys. 31 years picking fish, millions of pounds takes its toll on a guy. If I come and drink coffee and bs could you guys tie me some flies? I spend 17 bucks a pop at Mikes every time I go fishing, if I didn't do that I might be able to afford a decent switch rod

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Fullbush when you do get that switch rod I'd say get the sage 11 ft z-axis 6 weight. Nicest rod I've ever had in my hands. Love mine. Might have to give up a trip to Hawaii for it but well worth it.
    Thanks George for yesterday, it was fun and I think this spey casting with a switch will be great fun in years to come.

This trip to Hawaii is insurance so that I may go on future fishing trips. Yeah I turned in my man card a long time ago (shes worth it tho).
    Ahem, sure looking forward to them flies

I'm taking a poll

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    This trip to Hawaii is insurance so that I may go on future fishing trips. Yeah I turned in my man card a long time ago (shes worth it tho).
    Ahem, sure looking forward to them flies
    Stay off the internet for a full day and you could save that $17 a trip to the fly shop, tying isn't that hard. More time consuming.

Does this weekly get together start this Saturday?
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Frankenfish nice meeting you and Mike today. Fun talking fishing!!

It does start this Saturday, I will be attempting the "Squidro" this Sat.

Fullbush, I think if you were to bring the doughnuts this Sat. you might be able to get something tied up for you.... Just saying.

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    It does start this Saturday, I will be attempting the "Squidro" this Sat.

Fullbush, I think if you were to bring the doughnuts this Sat. you might be able to get something tied up for you.... Just saying.

George
    Bro I'll bring a fresh box of Crispy Cremes from Honolulu but dang it not till after November 1st!

I'm taking a poll

So your in Hawai and talking about fishing in Alaska...Go snorkeling.

Powerdrifter heck yeah man it was definitely good fish talking with you and we should definitely fish together sometime soon.

George, I just tied a couple Squidro last night for the first time and fished them today, they are amazing! I am going to try and poke in at 3 Rivers for sure!
    Piscor Ergo Sum

hawaii! what kinda low life are you turning into full bush? man i need to go to the fly tying contest these guys are having, i never flied a tie in my life, i usually wear button flys.
    Semper Fi!

Franken Fish, did the Squidro hook up for you? What colors?

Greyhorny, you can stop by just keep the "Button flys" buttoned up, it's not that kinda get together....

Look foward to meet you all.

George

George, sorry I didnt make it up there on saturday. I was wondering if you could post some pics of some of the patterns you tied up?
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Heading again to 3 Rivers for tying and lying... Squidro is my target again, I have a look in my mind and have not got there yet, but I will.

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    Heading again to 3 Rivers for tying and lying... Squidro is my target again, I have a look in my mind and have not got there yet, but I will.

George
    I ended up tying a couple more patterns. I will post them when I get home from work in a week.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Still working on my Squidro and the handling of rubberlegs. Here is one that I almost got the way I have it in my mind.

Needs to be tweeked a bit.

George

George, do you own the red ish?????? chevy I see parked out there every sat morning? I half heartedly want to stop by every sat morning but I have to take my daughter to practice every saturday at that time so I never do.

Hey Fan, the redish truck in back is one of the employee's. My rig would be in front if my wife don't drop me off. It is a Sonoma Extended cab gold in color and has blueberryislandlodge.com on the back window. Stop in if you get the chance.

George

George, I just might, just to say hi, it is always nice to chat with people from here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast