Thread: 2001 Polaris 440 Fan

Default 2001 Polaris 440 Fan

My son hase a Polaris 440 fan, that runs good until it warms up. When he comes to a stop and trys to put throdle to it, it boggs out every now and then. My first thought is jets. Any sugestions

What do the plugs say? Inspect your carb boots.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I had this issue with an old kawasaki snojet 440 when I was a kid. I installed a new fuel pump and the bogging down went away. My son had an erratic idle in his machine, that was fixed with sea foam.

Check the weights and rollers on your primary clutch. These get grooved, off center, and rusty. When they stick, the clutch will make the engine do just as you describe. easy to look at without tools

If it were your Jets , you would bog all the time. Do check the color of yer plugz, see if they are a nice brown....... Black, too rich, grey/white too lean....then check yer jets.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Throttle thumb lever tension!!!! Polaris has for centuries had a safety system built into the throttle lever in case it broke off: the machine instantly dies. Read the owners manual on how to adjust this. Had this problem a few times, only takes moment and a 10mm wrench to fix.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...