Thread: New to the forum and looking for help

Default New to the forum and looking for help

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I'm new here and I'm looking for advice/info. I'm seriously considering going to Alaska in 2007 with my 2 hunting buddies. We are considering doing a fly in drop off self guided hunt by one of the services like rusts or willow air. I have been on guided hunts before to Wy, Mt, Me, and I hunt NY and Pa regularly. I've camped in on state land for a week at a time and know how to use a compass and my gps. Is this something that's doable or should I forget it?? I know you can't say absolutely yes or no but can anyone give me thoughts or ideas or good/bad points. This would be a moose and caribou hunt. I imagine they direct you towards a caribou herd and give you an idea on where to find moose, but other than that I don't know. They seem to drop you in units 9b 17b or 19b, if that helps Thanks

Sab

Default For sure doable

its easy enough to do the research, and there are plenty around here that are happy to help out, if spending some extra money is not a big deal, contact Larry Bartlett, he does hunt plans, check out is Web page

http://www.pristineventures.com/aboutUs.html

Default fly-in drop off hunt for the first timer

PM me and I will be glad to share my first experience knowledge with you. I have been in Alaska for 4 years now and flown out on 3 drop off hunts, one moose/caribou combo and 2 caribou.

Smile Delighted to assist

Sab,

You don't know me, but if you drop me a line I'd be more than happy to help. I'm a Registered Guide, licensed for Units 9, 13, 19, 21 and 23, have been hunting Alaska for over twenty years as a resident. That doesn't make me anyone special, but I think I could probably save you some money. Many others here can and will do the same.

I'm not looking for your business at all, and in fact will assist you (within reason) at no cost whatsoever beyond your phone calls. I could certainly charge for this service, but I don't.

If you want to learn more about me before you make contact, just check out my website listed below my name.

Welcome to the Alaska Hunting Forum! You've just opened the front door to your adventure.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

sab, its very doable and I would suggest caribou as the first hunt for a variety of reasons. I've done six or seven fly outs which makes me a rookie. However, I've made most of the mistakes you can make. I've got a decent equipment list and would be glad to help. PM me if I can help, and about air services.

Thanks for all the offers of help. I have PM'd you guys and also looked at the pristine web site although I did have a problem when I tried to e-mail them. Any other thoughts would be great

Sab