Thread: Seward Rv Park/Fishing

Default Seward Rv Park/Fishing

HI
    Any good tips on seward RV park,s ?.I have tryed Millers Landing is was O.K. but nothing special.We will be going in july for a few days and was looking for something a little cleaner.We did not have to be in Seward just close for a guided trip.Any rv park that has walk to fishing would be a plus.If you have stayed in one or just heard about a good one please let me know.Also i am trying to book at least 1 combo trip,on a good boat 6 pack prefered.Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    David

depending on the time in july you are planning to go to Seward your best bet for shore fishing could be right by the harbor. the "hotspot" to snag salmon is the culverts. you can park your rv basically right by them.

-Ben

Default Regulations

Guys! You had better check the regulations before you try snagging. In many areas of the state it is illegal and will get you a ticket pronto.

It is also not a good idea to even suggest illegal activities as there are members from Fish and Game on the forums.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Guys! You had better check the regulations before you try snagging. In many areas of the state it is illegal and will get you a ticket pronto.

It is also not a good idea to even suggest illegal activities as there are members from Fish and Game on the forums.

Completely legal to snag in the saltwater in Seward, for all species of salmon. Just make sure you note the bag limits designated for each species.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...s/03SCsalt.pdf
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default snagging

snagging is legal in seward on the beaches in saltwater.

Default Culverts and RV parks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickle Back View Post
    depending on the time in july you are planning to go to Seward your best bet for shore fishing could be right by the harbor. the "hotspot" to snag salmon is the culverts. you can park your rv basically right by them.

-Ben
    Are there culverts in the ocean next to RV parks down there where you can snag? Usually culverts are in driveways, ditches or empty into something.

May be I misread it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Are there culverts in the ocean next to RV parks down there where you can snag? Usually culverts are in driveways, ditches or empty into something.

May be I misread it.

Yes Dave, the culverts in question (there are 2 pipes side by side) terminate in Resurrection Bay, the silvers have to swim into em to access the lagoon. I see where your confusion was, but the culverts are in the salt and thus, legal.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default Thanks

Thanks. Someone reported the post so I thought a warning about snagging was in order. I did not see anything else that was wrong.....

Yes a lot of people snag in the ocean..... and some good spots for it too.

Default Snagging in Seward

This topic has been gone over a bunch of times in the past few years about Seward snagging. Salt water = ok just about everywhere.
    Fresh water = exception, is ok at the waterfall in Seward, at least in September I know.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Smile thanks for info

thanks for the info on snagging.I might give it a try.Back to the subject i need a rv sight NEAR sewart ,it does not have to be in the city.If you had to pick 1 or 2 charter out of there for a combo trip which 1.

thanks for the help

David

Quote Originally Posted by Stickle Back View Post

-Ben

July seems early for catching silvers off the bank in Seward? Are you talking about pinks or do silvers acutally show up in good numbers at the end of the month?

If they arrive that soon, I may have to change my plans for this summer.

no, your right it is early to catch them in mid late july, but we were catching them at caines head and the army docks so if they are that close in chances are there are a few to be caught, also pinks are usually there by then and not all spawned out. sorry for the confusion, probably should have stated that it was on the saltwater side .

-Ben

Quote Originally Posted by david4615 View Post
    If you had to pick 1 or 2 charter out of there for a combo trip which 1.
    Crackerjack or Profish-N-Sea hands down. However, they may well be booked for July already, it's peak season.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

I might be hittin' the beaches this saturday, still too early for silvers?

Default Don't try snagging in whittier boat harbor

People really get upset there when you start throwing the alaska grey fly in whittier.