Thread: WTB - Hydroelectric penstock, (pipe)

Default WTB - Hydroelectric penstock, (pipe)

Im in the process of getting State permits to install a hydroelectric system on a stream next to my house. This would be a low head high flow system, (20 PSI, 600 GPM)

While I am getting permits I figured Id start pricing components. One thing that is surprising me is the cost of penstock piping. I need about 1600 feet of 8 pipe.

Any suggestions on where to look for 8 pipe? Seems to me ABS or PVC would work, sure wish I could find a source for used pipe.

Thanks.

I think that there was some plastic pipe of some type on Craigs List sometime back mabey up around Glenallen. Put a Wanted ad on C/L with what you want someone will rise to the bait.Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    I think that there was some plastic pipe of some type on Craigs List sometime back mabey up around Glenallen. Put a Wanted ad on C/L with what you want someone will rise to the bait.Good Luck
    Thanks. Right now I'm just trying to find leads on were to look. I'm hoping I might find used pipe in the mining or agricultural industries. But however it works out I'm not buying anything until I have the State permits in hand.

Thanks again,
    Kelvin