Thread: Wolverine Lake property owners.

Default Wolverine Lake property owners.

Ok folks I know this is a longshot but do any of you own land or know of someone who does? I'd be grateful for the chance to use the access to launch an inflatable. I'm not looking for anytime access but sometime prearranged with the owner. I hesitate to ask as I know folks enjoy their seclusion but I figured the posting couldn't hurt. Thanks

P.S. I'd be happy to help out with firewood or some other chore you would like assistance with to repay the favor.
    Last edited by MidnightSunRebel; 10-19-2011 at 10:56. Reason: additional information

Default Wolverine...

Here's a video saying there is a public access point at the lake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFAw-db94mw

Rumor mill says there are some whoppers in there!!! It is one of the few places the russians haven't cleaned out.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Rumor mill says there are some whoppers in there!!! It is one of the few places the russians haven't cleaned out.
    I heard the buttebillies plum poached it out just cause they heard the Russians in wasilla
    Hadn't hit it yet

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Simply a matter of time before the rooskies clean out all the fisheries and wildlife.

Has the poaching issue in the valley really gotten quite bad or are the comments mostly in jest? I ask because this thread is not the only one I've seen mentioning the problem? I've seen poaching families set up fishing/processing encampments in OR, are folks poaching in large groups here too?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSunRebel View Post
    Has the poaching issue in the valley really gotten quite bad or are the comments mostly in jest? I ask because this thread is not the only one I've seen mentioning the problem? I've seen poaching families set up fishing/processing encampments in OR, are folks poaching in large groups here too?
    You better believe it is. W/ the price of burger pushing 6 bucks a lb it's only a matter of time and there's not gonna be any fish or game
    Last edited by fullbush; 10-20-2011 at 15:18. Reason: Fckin iPhone!

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSunRebel View Post
    MSR, yes, the issue has gotten markedly worse in recent years, not only in the valley but elsewhere too. These comments are not made in jest whatsoever. You can easily observe violations in the form of poaching, overlimits, snagging/keeping, fishing w/no license, illegal means and methods, etc. You can observe large groups working together more commonly than individuals. You can make your own assessment of what the common theme is among the violators. PLEASE report all violations to 1-800-478-3377.

If we are not all vigilant in reporting violations, soon there won't be much if anything left to report.

Thanks for the information fellas. It really irks me to hear how out of hand it's gotten and now that I'm more aware of the problem I'll really keep a lookout for it. In regards to the fishing access I'm now thinking about how to build a lightweight yet sturdy hand trailer so I can build up my boat at the truck instead of hauling 4 or 5 loads to a lakeside.

I've been trying to get on that lake for a few months and if you gain access MSR, I'd love to join you.

I know a past lodge owner on that lake. He has had lots of folks fish it and there were very few over 14" pulled out. He also said they had a distinctive muddy/ mossy taste. Just what I was told.

I made it out to Wolverine and Jim lake last Monday. I was on an exploring trip and was able to get to both. The trail into Wolverine was pretty easily found just as shown in the video. Two folks could take a canoe down to the shore but I'd be a pretty tuckered out dude lugging by inflatable back up the hill at the end of the day. I know It's a no no but I left a few notes offering to work for a chance to put my boat in from their place. I was a bit surprised to see it completely covered with a thin sheet of ice already. A movie crew was set up at the old glenn bridge with a pair of choppers and a big kinda revival style tent. I drove down Maud Rd. and was alone at Jim lake. It was wonderfully quiet and I saw 11 swans and a pair of young eagles. It was well worth a little gas and a nice chance to drive about with my wife for a bit with our son in school.