Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B&c tma ram

Default B&c tma ram

Haven't seen this on here or I just missed it. Super nice RAM.
    http://www.adn.com/2011/10/18/212670...rld-class.html

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    Haven't seen this on here or I just missed it. Super nice RAM.
    http://www.adn.com/2011/10/18/212670...rld-class.html
    I second that! I suspect this story will decrease our collective odds of getting one of those permits (I have been putting in for a half dozen or so years now), but dang, that is one heck of a nice ram! Sounds like it was a pretty tough hunt too. I hope the hunter is a member and can post the details here.

Here the prequel to the link in the first post:

http://www.adn.com/2011/10/18/212663...or-adncom.html

Yk

The "prequel" link I posted is actually written by the hunter and is the story of the whole trip. He's a pretty good writer and really draws you into the story and makes a guy feel the adrenalin and exhaustion. Doesn't gloss over his mistakes either. I like it.

Yk

Pretty amazing ram and one tough pack out from the sounds of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknife View Post
    Here the prequel to the link in the first post:

http://www.adn.com/2011/10/18/212663...or-adncom.html

Yk
    Thanks for posting that second link. The story as the hunter tells it is way better! Man....that was some nutty stuff by the sounds of it. Actually, it reminded me a lot of my first sheep harvest with the exposed stalk across shale, long-distance shots, shakes so bad you can't keep the scope still, tough pack out on a walk-in hunt, etc. Very good stuff.

Can anyone find me a link to the Brooks range huge ram from this year? My computer will only go back 9 pages and I can't find it. I would love to read that story again as well.
    Thanks

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by acadinak View Post
    Can anyone find me a link to the Brooks range huge ram from this year? My computer will only go back 9 pages and I can't find it. I would love to read that story again as well.
    Thanks
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ighlight=rumor

Thank you!

Excellent story to follow up the photos. It's so painful reading the comments of the "non-hunting" crowd. A young man with outdoor skills, work ethic and family values heads out into the hills and kills a great ram and they have a way of simplifying the act and calling it "pathetic".

Whats wrong with getting a little prize with your happy meal? Thats the way I see it. He earned every ounce of his sheep meat and now has a cool majestic mount to show for it. Good for him!!!! Way to go!! Atta Boy!!

I'm getting more and more intollerant of the Anti's.

I saw that ram on the boone and crockett trophy watch page. Pretty impressive ram indeed. Here is the link.
    http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch_detail.asp?area=news&ID=23FFF19D-0078-47D8-88F2-EA4A4BBF60E3

Here is the link to the BR ram as well. Pretty awesome year for sheep hunters! My congratulations to both hunters!

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/t...9-9167CB7AB302

Outstanding ram !

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    Excellent story to follow up the photos. It's so painful reading the comments of the "non-hunting" crowd. A young man with outdoor skills, work ethic and family values heads out into the hills and kills a great ram and they have a way of simplifying the act and calling it "pathetic".

Whats wrong with getting a little prize with your happy meal? Thats the way I see it. He earned every ounce of his sheep meat and now has a cool majestic mount to show for it. Good for him!!!! Way to go!! Atta Boy!!

I'm getting more and more intollerant of the Anti's.
    I hear ya brother. Intollerant woud be putting it mildly for what I feel regarding the Anti's.

Got to love a huge ram in blue jeans.
    Alpine is awesome...

Impressive. Congrats Bryce!!

Congrats for sure. Read it in the ADN and couldn't help buy answer one loony tune comment. The anti's are everywhere who would rather have someone else do their killing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman81 View Post
    I suspect this story will decrease our collective odds of getting one of those permits (I have been putting in for a half dozen or so years now), but dang, that is one heck of a nice ram!
    Ditto! Sure glad I drew tma this year. Can't imagine how many applicants there will be for it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Ditto! Sure glad I drew tma this year. Can't imagine how many applicants there will be for it next year.
    This thread should be deleted do to this fact!

Come to think of it I am going to put in a proposal to the BOG I am sure they will address this issue for me since they are so good at giving in to everyone else that cries to them.

Great Ram! I need to add blue jeans to "must have" items for next year. In Hunter Education classes they teach that "Cotton Kills". For this hunter it should say "Cotton Kills Giant Ram". No Sitka or other over priced/hyped gear needed. Just hard work and determination. Congratulations to the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Yup, someone gets a big ram and all hell breaks loose! Just like the Brooks next year! That big ram will increase sheep hunting by twofold up in the Brooks next fall. There will be a lot of disappointed hunters!!! But that will keep them away from me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast