Thread: Wallas ducting, vents and plumbing

Default Wallas ducting, vents and plumbing

I'm going to get a Wallas 30Dt for my 26ft ACB. I am skeptical that the "full installation kit" that is offered with these heaters is really worth $678 + $150 in shipping. Anybody got an opinion about buying the stand-alone unit and using off-the-shelf ducting, registers and vents? Seems like they're real proud of the extras for it.

IceKing02

Well the parts can be got but the good news is the ones they send all fit. Yes they are too proud for sure, I didn't order kit I ordered parts seperate.

I am not trying to piss on your cheerios, but am curious as to why you are planning on going with the Wallas. It seems that the Wallas heating products come up time and time again with issues. I had the Wallas 1300 in my Hewescraft and it was quite fickle to say the least. I have the wallas cook top with the blower lid and the oven. They have performed well for the past four seasons. I don't depend on them for heat, though. Have you looked into the Epar or Webasto units? They seem to be the consensus around here. Heat on an alloy boat is very nice!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default I 2nd the Espar Heater

Installing Espar will be lot less on the cost plus more dependable. I have had two Wallas 30D before and unless you keep up on the maintenance you will have issues. I currently use Espar airtronic 5D and only thing I changed is glow plug on the heater last year after running about little over 3000 hours.

I am not trying to piss on your cheerios, but am curious as to why you are planning on going with the Wallas. It seems that the Wallas heating products come up time and time again with issues.

Watch Tower Heist Online for Free