Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Happy Alaska Day!

  1. #1
    Member Bighorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, Alaska
    Posts
    2,032

    Default Happy Alaska Day!

    To everyone who loves Alaska. Happy Alaska Day!

  2. #2
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Craig on POW
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Good times there in Sitka today, most other places don't do much. Hope you don't get too much rain for the parade. Bagpipers still make it up there?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    To everyone who loves Alaska. Happy Alaska Day!
    Happy Alaska Day to you!

  4. #4
    Member Bighorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, Alaska
    Posts
    2,032

    Default Bagpipes

    Yup, they made it. They have been practicing at the local brewery every day at around 3:30. It's raining plenty today too.

  5. #5

    Unhappy Red Letter Day

    Today, Alaska Day, October 18, 2011 was a day of missed opportunity for many Alaskans.
    Though not for all...some spoke. One being our Senator from the Great State of Alaska, Ms Lisa Murkowski. Now most know I don't have much use for her, but today she opened doors and set the tone for future discussion with Alaska's interests in mind to the Federal Govt re Federal Intrusions of State's Rights. She openly and specifically addressed Obama in her speech....too bad he was on his campaign trail in Virginia and did not here it.
    Alaska Day could have been and should have been a day for unification of Alaskans...again we missed the boat. We have a llllong way to go, we Alaskans.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •